Football Manager 2008

Dan

You're not paying off the refs enough, since I was too lazy to do it before

Leicester City 09/10 (Finishing out the season and trying to sneak into the playoffs like last year due to a massive slump)

GK: Mathieu Dreyer/Romain Larrieu

DR: Omar Benzerga (loan)/Richard Stearman

DC: Karim El-Mourabet/Sebastien Grimaldi/Madjid Bougherra

DC: Richard Stearman/Lloyd Doyley

DL: Erminio Rullo

MR: Aimen Demai/Alin Stoica

MC: Giovanni dos Santos (loan)/Jose Saez

MC: James Wesolowski/Lauri Dalla Valle

ML: Ryan Smith/Matty Etherington

FC: Billy Sharp/Juho Makela

FC: Hamdi Salihi/Georgi Georgiev (loan)

They better pick it up or I'm selling them all.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leicester City 09/10 (Finishing out the season and trying to sneak into the playoffs like last year due to a massive slump)

I've dragged Hibs to third in the league at the end of January. Evans has been croaked all season, but on the plus side Steven Fletcher and Frazer Campbell have knocked in 25 goals between them. It's a good thing too as I let my best two foreign players move on and didn't exactly get round to replacing them.

I really hope they don't get injured.

Georgiev...is he from Torpedo Moscow, I remember him for FM07 when I played with them. Oh good times.

Edited by Kou

I caved in and started a game as Liverpool, and I'm having quite a bit of success playing a kind of 4-3-3, with the back four, then Mascherano the animal, then Xabi and Gerrard in the middle, and Kuyt and Babel playing just off of Torres. Using Alonso as a playmaker seems to be working well for me as well.

Only problem is that Alonso's injured for 3 months and Gerrard's injured for a month. So I play Sissoko where I'd play Alonso and forget about using a playmaker, and play Lucas in the Gerrard role, where he's been immense. Only Lucas goes and gets himself injured for two weeks. I didn't want to change the amazing 3 up front thing I've got going on, so I just kept the same formation and tried playing Benayoun where I'd normally play Gerrard, against Lyon.

I got played off the park and they went 1-0 up and in the second half I decided that I wasn't going to have much success with the short passing so I put Crouch on for Benayoun, switched to a 4-4-2 and just hit the long balls at Crouch. It paid off in the 92nd minute and he got a goal after heading like 5 or 6 wide. Shocking business to have to salvage a draw against them at home, though.

Oh and Man Utd beat Wigan 10-1, which is the biggest win in a league game I've seen.

Trying Romania 7 - Austria 1 at the European Championships for a strange result.

So I just finished a season with Hibs.

league.jpg

Some how I dragged them there, and got Hibs to their highest Premier League position ever. Go ME! Steven Fletcher and Frazer Campbell both ended the season with 23 goals each. Got to the Semi-Finals of both cups, losing 4-3 to Dundee Utd in the League Cup and 3-2 on penalties to Rangers after a 3-3 draw.

But now, despite the lure of Champions League football my squad is disappearing. Man Utd want 5mil for Campbell who would have cost me 3mil in January, while Jonny Evsn refuses to event hink about the move. Plus everyone seems ready for a bigger club. I guess I have to sell up my better players and then try to replace them. The only people not looking away but probably should are Lewis Stevenson and Steven Fletcher, which is good.

I'm trying to bring in Billy Sharp but Sheff Utd want 4mill for him. So I'm thinking about selling off David Murphy and Zemmona to Celtic for about 6mil total, hopefully and then bringing in Sharp plus tons of English youngsters.

The difficult second season is going to be horrible.

I still don't get this, I have put my edited data in the program files/sports interactive/updates folder, the sports interactive/data folder and the one in documents and it still doesn't show when I start a new game, what the fuck? I want to play it.

cleague.jpg

:D Hell yes!

Beat MTZ Ripo in the 2nd round, and then Besiktas drew with 3-3 away before beating 2-1 at home to get into the group stages of the Champions League. The fans adore me, although my personal aim is to simply steal a point off Chelsea.

Brought in David Wheater and Craig Cathcart on loan to replace Jonny Evans, as well as Marius Nicale from Caley to slot in up front. As well as signing Henchoz, Palacios, Berger and Daniel Galbraith to flesh out my squad, although my league form has gone to shit. Currently sitting 9th, so hopefully the excitement of top European Football will stear the players to glory... <_<

cleague.jpg

:D Hell yes!

Beat MTZ Ripo in the 2nd round, and then Besiktas drew with 3-3 away before beating 2-1 at home to get into the group stages of the Champions League. The fans adore me, although my personal aim is to simply steal a point off Chelsea.

Brought in David Wheater and Craig Cathcart on loan to replace Jonny Evans, as well as Marius Nicale from Caley to slot in up front. As well as signing Henchoz, Palacios, Berger and Daniel Galbraith to flesh out my squad, although my league form has gone to shit. Currently sitting 9th, so hopefully the excitement of top European Football will stear the players to glory... <_<

Well played.

Make 8pts your aim in the CL and just hope it gets you through, with the other game in the group ending in a draw most of the time. Can't hope for too much more.

Fenerbahce can be bastards to beat away from home with any team, and the 4 fixtures against Porto/Chelsea won't be easy.

Keep us updated.

I've decided I'm gonna start a game as Spurs, just because I have a very strange, almost perverse fascination with Berbatov. Hopefully this game will stick.

EDIT: Berger, and to a lesser extent Henchoz, would actually make me support Hibs in real life. You have to play Berger in every game of course.

Edited by Pesci

I'm so pissed off about the FIFA Club World Cup.

I had no idea what the tournament was about, and get two matches in a week just before a crucial Arsenal away match.

In the Club World Cup final Boca Juniors injure Owen, Carroll, Agurio, Mascharano and Kalou. Agurio, Owen and Kalou are all out for 2+ months and the other two will miss the Arsenal match by a week.

So i'm playing my 4th best striker (a youth player called Shane Ferguson) and packing my midfield ready for a squash match >_<

Oh and I lost the final too, 2-1

2010/2011 Champions League Group E - Inter, Newcastle, Celtic and Panathanaikos.

2011/2012 Champions League Group C - Inter, Newcastle, Celtic and Panathanaikos.

<_<

I've gone for Coventry in my game (I've gone back to the 07 version). Got them promoted at the 3rd time of asking, 1st year in the Prem I came fourth and made it to the Champions League. Took 2 points of AC Milan but didn't get out of the group, went to the semis of the UEFA Cup in the end.

After a couple mid-table finishes things were looking up, great start to the season drawing with or beating all of the title rivals. Then my right winger (can't remember his name without the game present at work, very long) breaks his leg, my best player by a mile with the highest assists in the league and my top goalscorer, season over in December. Next year comes, said player comes back and looks every bit as good in pre-season. Then Liverpool bid £41m and he's gone, courtesy of the board.

I've been given that £41m to buy a replacement, which makes no sense. I can't get a better player for that money, considering he was only 22 as well, so why not keep him? Our finances were £20m in the black anyway. I hate the board, if I hadn't become so attached to my young prospects and tied them all down to long contracts I'd protest and be off.

I miss the days of Daniel Bierofka. He was such a great player for very little money.

EDIT: The transfer window has just shut. Here is the Hibs squad that will attempt to qualify from the group stages of the Champions League.

GK: Andrew McNeil / Yves Ma-Kalambay

DR: van Zanten (former Celtic kid, picked from Falikirk) / Kieran McKenna (75k from Spurs)

DL: David Murphy / Lewis Stevenson

DC: Chris Hogg / Rob Jones / Stephane Henchoz (Free)

DC: David Wheater (Loan) / Craig Cathcart (Loan)

MR: Filipe Morais / Dean Shiels

ML: Alan O'Brien / Stevenson / Patrick Berger (Free)

MC: Quinten Fortune (500k Aberdeen) / Brian Kerr

MC: Merouane Zemmama (Wants away) / Stevenson, again / Berger

FC: Steven Fletcher / Marius Nicalue (100k Caley Thistle)

FC: Clayton Donaldson / Dean Shiels

Plus a few others from the reserves that step in and out at times.

Edited by TheDogNutComplex