Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm getting cravings to go as a team in the Championship, maybe one with a bit of money to throw around but not the highest expectations. Bring in some youngsters, build them up and see how I fare. But I also want to carry on with my Canavese game in season 2 of Serie C2/A and I have Belarus to deal with as well.

I'm thinking of a team like Leicester, QPR, Preston etc.

Seriously lol, if your in the mood for a Championship team be Ipswich, i know there not your fave lol but they have 12 mill to spend and a good young team i always get them promoted within two seasons everytime.

Cardiff aren't bad either i'm not sure how much money they have to spend though.

I took QPR anyways, you're right - I don't really like Ipswich. I like how I have low expectations, so it gives me a chance to improve. I need to bring in some more midfielders though - I only have like 4. The amount of defenders we have though is obscene though, what am I going to do with all of them? I don't need that many. We have 10 defenders essentially, 4 midfielders and 3 attackers.

I have 10 million to spend so I figure it'll probably be better getting a decent player or two, and then spending to get some depth. The reserves is small too and hardly going to give me much in the way of good back ups.

Yeah, QPR are pretty good. In my Reading game they were promoted first season but now there bottom in the Premier League. If you need to know some good players to sign for Championship level then feel free to drop me a msg mate.

Edit: Anyone fancy a network game?

Edited by new_era

If anyone starts a game with new_era, beware, he's like a shark in the Championship. He must have had 10 offers out there before I'd looked at my team.

Either way through the friendly matches my team has played quite well. No real signings, but a few loans (got Arsenal as my parent club) and I have a nice looking team. I need to flesh it out more than anything, defensive wise and get some players with width because most of my players were very central. I'm Plymouth by the way.

I'm going to start up my own Championship game now to play in my own free time, then crack on with some coursework me thinks. That network game has me in the mood, and I have a feel for what players I can attract from where. Should be fun.

It is looking pretty good, i didn't have no bids in at all lol you joined and that was the first time i looked at my team, first time i've used 8.0.2 so didn't know what players were available. We're both undefeated in friendlies and we called it a night day of the first league game.

Leicester aren't that bad, pretty uninspiring bunch of teams to choice from as we limited ourselves.

Stephen Wright, Darren Ambrose, James Henry and Daryl Murphy all in on Loan until the end of the season. Scunthorpe away first game, i'm looking forward to it (H)

Oh the most evil thing ever just happened to me. Champions League Semi-Final, I'm Arsenal against Real Madrid...4-0 to Real at the Bernebeau and William Gallas was sent off to compound an awful game.

Second leg at the Emirates and ya know, it's possible but unlikely. I go in 2-0 at half-time and I believe! Second-half it's 3-0...it's 4-0!!! Yay, extra-time beckons and then it gets to the 89th minute and Raul bloody well goes and makes it 4-1 on the night, 5-4 on aggregate and it's over. Why? Why...? Why give me hope and then, then just snatch it away from me?

FM07 as Barca: I have the greatest front paring of Fernando Torres and Marco Cappola. Torres has scored 42 goals in his first season and Cappola has gotten 38. We've scored 93 goals in La Liga this season and both Torres and Cappola have set new goal scoring records for the club and broken them again. We've also put 6 passed Valencia and 5 passed Real Madrid who are our nearest rivals at different stages in the season.

Does anyone think it would be possible to start a Network game with about 5-6 of us, maybe more, i mean i know it's doable but would anyone be interested in like an EWB Football Manager showdown?

I've got no idea what league people think would work best etc but would anyone be interested in that?

Edited by new_era

Is there like a faq or something that I can use that well give me advice on how to play this game as I am a dumb American and I really don't know what to look for in the poisitions and what to do with the match planning in what not. So all I need is for just something for the unknowledge to use as I really don't know European Football.