Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our Plymouth and Leicester game is quality. It's so unpredictable and tight teams are just yo-yo'ing around.

Unpredictable in a - your not going to do well away from home, you might do well at home kind of way that FM is known for.

Gonzalo Higuain and Aaron Niguez are making a mockery of themselves in 2016/17, I say. About seven goals between them come the turn of the year. Thankfully DAS WUNDERKIND Holger Muller is banging them in and £24m signing Mitchell Bryant hasn't been bad either. I wonder if I could sell them in the summer for a couple of handsome profits and spend whatever Chelsea want for Hugues Laup, this French phenomenon who has replaced Kevin Monnet-Pacquet as the guy who always scores 40 goals a season for them. Or maybe another good English striker after Bryant proved a decent gamble. We'll see, I have to win the league first.

Edited by Pesci

network.jpg

There's a screen cap of the league so far, it's close as you can see. Plymouth obviously aren't highlighted cause Ace isn't on but we've both been up and down already.

The Home/Away thing your not kidding lol. I've got the joint best home record in the league, won 4 from 5 drawing 1 but drawn 3 and lost 2 away.

It is a good game though, damn his Calvin Zola though lol, bargain gamble so far for Ace.

It started with him looking for strikers found his and then i questioned my strike force, or lone striker, as i'm playing 4-5-1/4-3-3 (depends how you look at it). Steve Howard's got 4 goals for me this season but Ambrose and Hume have about 5 between them in the league and i still have Daryl Murphy to return from injury whos scored 1 from 2 league games. So i think i'm happy with what i've got. I've decided to push Ashley Chambers from the U18's in to the first team squad to get him experience and he scored on his first start which was good.

It certainly is interesting being about 14th one week and in the play-offs the next lol.

Edit: Through boredom and not being tired, here's the results for us;

Scuntrorpe 1 - 1 Leicester - Steve Howard

Plymouth 2 - 1 Q.P.R - Steven Maclean and Rory Fallen

Charlton 1 - 1 Leicester - Daryl Murphy

Plymouth 1 - 1 Sheff Utd - James Dunne

Leicester 3 - 0 Hull - Steve Howard, Matt Oakley and Darren Ambrose

Crystal Palace 3 - 1 Plymouth - Jermaine Easter

Leicester 3 - 0 Sheff Wed - Joey Gudjohnsson, DJ Campbell and Richard Wood (og)

Cardiff 4 - 2 Plymouth - Calvin Zola (2)

Norwich City 3 - 0 Leicester

Plymouth 2 - 0 Southampton - Steven Maclean and Calvin Zola

Leicester 1 - 0 Wolves - Darren Amrbose

Colchester 0 - 3 Plymouth - Steven Maclean, Calvin Zola and Gyorgy Sandor

Preston 4 - 1 Leicester - Ashley Chambers

Ipswich 1 - 0 Plymouth

Leicester 2 - 0 Sheff Utd - Iain Hume and James Wesolowski

Plymouth 1 -1 West Brom - Bostjan Cesar (og)

Leicester 2 - 2 Stoke City - Darren Ambrose and Steve Howard

Plymouth 2 - 1 Barnsley - Calvin Zola (2)

League Cup - Dag & Red 2 - 1 Plymouth - Chris Clark, Leicester 1 - 0 Huddersfield - Iain Hume, Reading 1 - 0 Leicester

Edited by new_era

Man, van der Vaart has been a pretty big flop for me. Has a good game every now and then but mainly just likes to boot it from 25 out in the odd hope he might find the net. He's also the only person that refuses to tutor younger players. Greedy, selfish twat <_<

In other news, Felix Magath (it's 2013) is unlikely to be rehired by Man Utd and I seem to be the favourite for the job, but I kinda want to stay at Tottenham just to win that first title, and bcause I've brought in some real good young players who are just starting to step up (Saivet and Fleck, for example). Decisions, decisions!

edit: So now it seems that the Tottenham board may not offer me a new contract, so I could be forced out to Man Utd :(

Edited by Zaz

Man, van der Vaart has been a pretty big flop for me. Has a good game every now and then but mainly just likes to boot it from 25 out in the odd hope he might find the net. He's also the only person that refuses to tutor younger players. Greedy, selfish twat <_<

In other news, Felix Magath (it's 2013) is unlikely to be rehired by Man Utd and I seem to be the favourite for the job, but I kinda want to stay at Tottenham just to win that first title, and bcause I've brought in some real good young players who are just starting to step up (Saivet and Fleck, for example). Decisions, decisions!

edit: So now it seems that the Tottenham board may not offer me a new contract, so I could be forced out to Man Utd :(

you could leave spurs for man utd, god forbid :shifty:

So I started up my old copy of Football Manager 2006 and started a game with Chester in Leauge Two so I can run in and find out about the whole English leauges system. I have played 15 games so far in which I have won 5 and tied 4 leaving me in the 14th spot.

I would of won or drew a lot more if I haven't had the worst luck imagined with my Goalies. A quick run down of everything that happened with my goalies.

7/25/05 - Gillet(#1 keeper) damaged his neck in a match out 2 weeks.

8/25/05 - Gillet(#1 keeper) pulled hamstring in training out 4 weeks.

8/27/05 - MacKenzie(#2 keeper) bruised thigh out 2 weeks.

9/12/05 - MacKenzie(#2 keeper) damaged neck out still(about a month)

Also the match that Gillet came back from his second injury he gets a late red card and cost me the match.

Total matches played for my Goalies(15 matches total)...

Gillet - 7 matches started

MacKenzie - 5 matches started

Brookfield(18s) - 2 matches started and 1 match subbed in

Freeman(Reserved and grayed out for me) - 1 match started

Also when I was in need of a Goalie and I sent out loan offers no one accepted. How do you get teams to accept loan offers?

It helps if there listed for loan and as your league two, aim for lower championship teams or anybody in League One. It's hard to get experienced Premier League keepers. I mean you may get lucky with certain young keepers in the Premier, U18's more then likely.

Players transfer listed aswell often get Loan bids accepted.

Don't bid for players who just simply aren't playing because you often get told, due to first team commitments blah blah blah..

Edited by new_era

you could leave spurs for man utd, god forbid :shifty:

I just signed a new contract with Spurs, yay :)

Wouldn't have wanted to go to Man Utd unless Spurs didn't offer me a new contract, especially after spending 6 years building up the squad. And I just signed Nedum Onuoha (I want to go on a English player signing spree due to the fact I don't have too many English players in the first team (if I had to pick my best team, there'd only be Lennon, due to the fact King's on the decline and Robinson is my #2)) and hope to sign Micah Richards and a third striker behind Saivet and Huntelaar, such as Vaughan or Brandy.

Who were you trying to loan for a start? Better players aren't going to want to come down and play for Chester, most would rather sit ob bench for a good reserve team.

Secondly, you won't be able to loan goalkeepers who are regularly playing for a team. So even in your own league for example, you won't loan Aldershot's starting goalkeeper.

Maybe take a look at some League 1 goalkeepers in the reserves or something? Location I believe can also factor it, so your Chester that's Manchester area. Take a look at maybe some Crewe, Oldham, even Rochdale keepers. You're not going to get anyone brilliant, but that's life.

Edited by IAceI

alright, so I am now in November of my second season as Real Madrid. Won all trophies in first season, and the Champion's League semi-final vs Arsenal was more of a challenge than the final vs Inter Milan. Beat Arsenal 2 - 1 in first leg then 3 - 5 in second leg, Arsenal dominated me over both legs though. Inter played poor in the final, in which I won 3 - 1 (their goal was a penalty) and goals from Sneijder, Robben and Raul secured my win.

Transfers in first season:

In:

Gael Nlundulu - free

Mamadou Sakho - free

Diego Buonanotte - 1.2mil

Henri Saivet - free

Niklas Barkroth - free

Bogdan Stancu - 1.9mil

Balazs Dzsudzsak - 3mil

Thomas Vermaelen - 12mil

Migel Veloso - 35mil

Out: