Football Manager 2008

Dan

First two years as Liverpool coach we won the league two years in a row, but lost two Champions League finals.

After that we lost the league two years in a row, twice on the last game of the season by one point and Chelsea took it on both occasions, but we won the Champions League two years in a row.

Oh my.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Arsenal team has had a great start to the 3rd season, joint 1st with Chelsea going into November.

But Aguero and Toure have slight concerns that i dont know how to fix. They are both 'Worried about the lack of managerial discipline' at the club. Its not affecting their performances that much (although Aguero has only got 3 goals so far this season but Adebayor and Eduardo are making up for it). They've been like this ever since the end of last season, how can i get them happier?

Usually that happens when you have two players in the club who don't like each other and do nothing about it. Or sometimes when you seem to go a little too easy on players who get violent red cards.

Whenever a player gets a straight red in my games I give them a warning, if they do it again anytime a few months after that then they get a fine.

Don't know if the game takes this into account but i've had no problems so far

Eugene Smith..a regen..touted as possibly one of the best players of his generation.

Also dubbed the new Les Ferdinand. >_>

'Sir' Les Ferdinand is a god amongst men, I'll have you know.

When you scout a player, do you always believe the scouts report? For example, you think a player looks really good but then the scout says he's just a decent signing, do you believe him and not sign the player or do you just basically say "fu" scout, I'll do what I want, which kinda defeats the point of scouting but still :pervert:

I hate how teams seem to make an enquiry about the same player every week. At the moment Real Madrid are interested in Leighton Baines, I'm playing as Spurs, have plenty of money and no need to sell, so I've said I want £25million for him. They withdraw the bid, fair enough.

A couple of days later they enquire again, I give them the same price, they withdraw.

Three weeks later and I've gone through the same thing four times. My suggestion for FM09 is to add a 'Fuck Off' option.

It depends how good your scouts are. I'm more likely to ignore a good report from a scout than a bad one, too. There are plenty of players my scouts seem to sing the praises of that have hardly any of their position's key stats above 15. The players that my scouts pan very rarely tend to be good, particularly because I always have a couple of scouts with high Judging Player Potential.

I hate how teams seem to make an enquiry about the same player every week. At the moment Real Madrid are interested in Leighton Baines, I'm playing as Spurs, have plenty of money and no need to sell, so I've said I want £25million for him. They withdraw the bid, fair enough.

A couple of days later they enquire again, I give them the same price, they withdraw.

Three weeks later and I've gone through the same thing four times. My suggestion for FM09 is to add a 'Fuck Off' option.

I think you can set it, on the player status screen, that any offer under a certain amount is automatically rejected.

I think you can set it, on the player status screen, that any offer under a certain amount is automatically rejected.

I don't want it to be rejected because he'll start moaning about wanting to be allowed to go to a bigger club.

I don't want it to be rejected because he'll start moaning about wanting to be allowed to go to a bigger club.

Yeah I have that with Garay at Athletico Madrid. Even though I won the Primera Division the first year and the UEFA Cup, and now after 6 or so games I'm first in the league again, and I'm first in my Champions League table and I won the Euro Super Cup against Barcelona, he still moans about wanting to move to a bigger club whenever Real Madrid or Inter Milan does an enquiry, makes no sense. So I tend to just continue without even rejecting or whatever and for some reason that makes it go away :shifty: Or I just give a ridiciously high price, but I'm scared they'll accept it.

What I find annoying is that if you decide to negotiate a transfer instead accepting it, the player will still treat is as if you've rejected it and get all pissy.

Think I'll get sacked from Arsenal at the end of the season. I'm doing well. Nearly into February and only 2 league defeats, along with an upcoming League Cup Final with Everton. But the problem is that Man Utd are so phonemenally good, no one else has got a chance. They've lost 4 league games in 2.5 seasons!!! And have only conceded 8 league goals all season, causing me to be 6 points behind.

Its a shame cos I usually get bored at Arsenal after my 2nd season but i'm still loving the game i'm playing. I've got a great squad and doing well in all competitions. But I get a feeling the board will throw me out at the end of the season! :(

Man, in the last three years of the third round of the FA Cup, I've drawn Chelsea twice and just got Man Utd. And I've also drawn Man Utd twice and Chelsea once in the third round of the League Cup in the past seven years. Getting a bit annoying <_<

Ugh, fuck this shit. In the quarters of the League Cup versus Villa, doing it easy at 2-0 with 10 to go so I decide to put everyone on defensive with high time-wasting and then they score two goals in two minutes, before winning the bloody thing on penalties. Ugh, if I'd stayed on my default tactics the scoreline probably wouldn't have changed, but because I put it on defensive for three minutes they score two goals in that time. Yeah, whatever.

From my personal experience, time wasting is suicide. I mean, when You give too much time wasting to Your team they stop playing. Not playing offensively, just not playing AT ALL. So I personally never use time wasting, as it can bring more harm than good.

I often throw on big time defending. If you're going to do it, do it properly as they say.

Ultra Defensive, Deep Line, Slow Tempo, High Time Wasting and anything else that may work. I like to play it wide.

Of course this then leads to 6 minutes injury time.

From my personal experience, time wasting is suicide. I mean, when You give too much time wasting to Your team they stop playing. Not playing offensively, just not playing AT ALL. So I personally never use time wasting, as it can bring more harm than good.

Down to personal experience, then. Time wasting always worked well for me, when used at the right time. ^_^

Yes it has been a long long time since I've posted in here but I've started a new game first two seasons i was with Liverpool this is how it went:

2007/2008:

Won the Premiership by 2 pts (Arsenal were 2nd)

League Cup Semi Final

Champions League Semi Final

FA Cup 3rd Round...

I was also England manager and took us to Euro 2008, but things went a bit wrong and didn't win a single game in the group stages so got sacked

2008/2009:

Won the Premiership by 1 pt (Arsenal again 2nd)

Won the League Cup- Beat Everton 7-3

Won the FA Cup- Beat Man.U 1-0

But yet again another Champions League Semi Final lost on Penalties to Bayern Munich

I felt like a change and the Valencia job was up for grabs so decided to have a go at that. Also applied for the Spain Job and managed to get that as well

2009/2010

Won La Liga with 5 games left, won by 20 pts

Won the Spanish Cup- Beat Athletico Madrid 2-0

Lost in the Uefa Cup semi finals to Chelsea 3-2

But the disappointment of not securing a treble i managed to rebound and i won the World Cup with Spain, beating Brazil 3-2 after Extra Time which took me to 2nd in the all time great English managers in the Hall of Fame.

2010/2011

Won the Spanish Super Cup against Athletico Madrid 7-6 on agg

haven't started the La Liga season but hoping i can finally put an end to this curse of Europe. 3 semi finals is starting to get to me now but hopefully this season with the squad i've got we can finally win a European Cup for me!!! :)