Football Manager 2008

Dan

After not really having a lot to do at the moment, because of work being shit :shifty:

As it is the European Championships and all, I wondered how many would be interested in signing up for a Euro 2008 Network game, so I'll need 16 people, or I can live with less, I'd like at least 8.

Rules would be simple, I'd sim through until about a week until Nations have to name their squads, unless anybody had any suggestions for a suitable starting position.

Simple rules, it would be first come first serve, realistically I doubt it would take that long to actually complete, obviously they'd be a bit of waiting round in between games but I think it could be kinda good.

No need for reservations on a Nation yet as I was just wanted to see if anyone would be up for doing this.

Me.

But I wouldn't be keen on playing during a Euro 2008 game, nor after about 10pm. Weekends are fine until whatever time though.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

liverpool.jpg

:huh:

I wasn't aware the game actually had the nonsense between these two built in...

Gillet probably was the Chairman while Hicks was on the board. Since I think FM doesn't do co-chairmans. Gillet wanted to sell and wanted to sell to another person on the board and Hicks was first in line.

So no, they didn't build that in just because. :P

I'm bringing defense back, YAH! You attacking footballers don't know how to act, YAH!

italiaitaliabi9.th.jpg

fuckyouenglishfootballah7.th.jpg

We're now in 3rd with 17 points after 8 games. 7 for 1 against after a 1-0 drubbing of Chelsea (They had one shot on goal). Also Lansbury doesn't start, that was just the lineup v Olympic Marshy.

Edited by Kou

Anyone know how to resolve things when one teammate dislikes another? I'm doing well as Arsenal but now Carlos Vela has come out and said he dislikes Emmanual Adebayor. These two are my first choice strikers, so i really wanna sort things out as quickly as possible before my form starts to suffer.

I was gonna ask the same thing. I bought Henri Saivet and now Robin van Persie doesn't like him. Saivet is one for the future and van Persie stats are amazing now. I really don't want to let either go.

With teammates disliking each other, most the time for me it's a youth and a senior player who didn't get on due to their tutoring not going too well, so mostly I just let the youth player go if he was no good or loaned him out. On one occasion I sold the senior player (Sergio Mota), but that's because he was always bitching about something anyway.

Twice John Fleck has gone on to dislike Huntelaar, the first time they resolved it after Fleck set up a goal for Huntelaar (don't know if the two were related but they stopped hating after that match >_>) and the second time they just eventually patched things up, I think.

I think I'm gonna wait a while and see what happens. I might see if I can get them to tutor, and try playing them together a bit. Maybe forcing them to get together might smooth things out.

Oh, and now Robin van Persie dislikes Vincent van den Berg too. His contract is up at the end of the season, and he's not worth keeping on so I'll release him to ease van Persie's pain...

No point in looking for an update to get the latest transfers, that'll come out in September once all the key transfers are done and dusted. Prob would be easier to get the latest FM update and transfer the few players around that have already gone or agreed to contracts.

Like Mellberg to Juventus

• 4 weeks later...

There was a link to a site that told you how to modify leagues and had a few set up to download. Can anyone post it again?

Thanks.

http://www.fmformation.net/custom-databases/

Found it. Damn European Super League doesn't work though. I can't download it :(

Edited by Hajjhowe

Any recommendations for my Man City squad? Mainly looking for a striker, back-up right winger for when Elano cant play, and a central defender who can provide decent cover when Dunne and/or Lescott are out. My transfer kitty is about £31m i think.

Doing well, just going into my 3rd season after a 4th place finish and winning the UEFA Cup (which thankfully convinced my 3 of my best players Lloris, Van Der Vaart, and Guilherme to stay).

My starting lineup from a fully fit squad usually looks like this:

GK: Lloris

LB: Baines/Lescott (rotated)

CB: Lescott/Corluka (rotated)

CB: Dunne

RB: Richards

LW: Matias Fernandez

MC: Michael Johnson

RW: Elano

AMC: Van Der Vaart

FC: Stancu/Bojinov (rotated)

FC: Guilherme