Football Manager 2008

Dan

Is there any way to send scouts to international tournaments? I wanna see if any talents can be unearthed at Euro 2008 but can't find a way to do it.

You can do it during a tournament... just make sure the scout isn't listed as scouting another competition, even an inactive one (such as Premiership during the summer) as they can only scout on competition.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My computer is too slow to run FM08 these days. :( Gone are the glory days.

A good friend of mine is in the game, Conor Devlin, United reserve keeper from Belfast. He starts as a 15 year old with shit stats I think, could anyone who's a few years into the game PM me a screenshot of him? Thanks in advance.

I too find smaller clubs more fun and easier to manage. I actually got Bath City to the FA Cup 4th round (Including an improbable win over a Championship side. I can't remember which, but the team was 4 level ahead of me for god's sake) and the cash was great. As was said elsewhere, it's just more satisfying knowing you've built a team up and made them great instead of just going out and buying whoever you want as someone like Chelsea.

Of course, I usually play as Eastern Europeans power houses and such as I find it's a nice balance of having the cash but challenging as not everyone wants to play there.

Longest game was FM07 - Newcastle 2006-2018, England 2013-2018 and then Aldershot 2020-2032.

Won 8 league titles and 6 CL's with Newcastle, then resigned after I won the World Cup, simmed a few years, took over the recently promoted Aldershot in the Conference and took them to the into Premiership by 2029 and UEFA Cup Winners 2031.

The I got bored and 08 came out. Total Playtime was 11-12 days I think.

I've just started a game on CM97/98, where I intend to reach the maximum 30 seasons you're allowed. (Y)

There's usually one lower-league team that's ridiculously rich too - they're the ones I use so you can still have the fun of shaping your own team. I remember in one of the really old versions tranmere had something like £50m in the bank for some bizarre reason, but there's always an Oxford/Hull to pick.

the almighty rich metropolotian football club known as Tranmere lol.

I'm thinking of reloading my old FM game, dominate La Liga for another season and finally win a European Club before moving to Italy.

Is there a max number of seasons you can do on FM08? Im thinking of just starting a game unemployed, going on holiday and letting the game sim overnight.

No, I've seen people who have simmed well into the 22nd century.

I hate you all. I read this topic and it makes me want to play fm, but then I start up a game and am bored with it in a matter of hours... I just can't get into 08 (Or 07 for that matter) for some reason. I did however, come acroos my copy of Fm2005 earlier and I may pop that in seeing as how it was the last of the series that I really managed to get into.

Into my second season with Aberdeen hoping to break the Celtic-Rangers domination.

Joined the club in the middle of the first season and Abderdeen were languishing at 8th place barely had any funds so relied on a surprisingly brilliant partnership of Bobby Zamora and Darren Mackie who scored 21 and 15 goals respectively to propel us up the table, Also managed to win the Scottish Cup 4-1 against Rangers to seal a European place.

Needed to do some rebuilding as I barely had a squad and bought in

Pedro Esterilla(Ecuadorian striker on a free)

Ross Tokley(Utility player)

Frederic Nimani(A French International Winger at age 20 for 100K great deal!)

Ryan Russel(A Fast Winger on a loan from Celtic)

Scott Carson

Richard Lee(GK)

Mike McGlinchey(Fast Striker from Motherwell)

and finally Hugo Almeida for 300K!, Great Heading and Long Shots and he's got 7 in 4 games already.

Decided to go a Championship side and decided to go Hull... Alright squad considering a few good players but i might have to pull out some good loan deals from the top flight to help my cause.

Just in the process of trying to hire a decent backroom staff for training

Any one got any recommendations for players?

I'm getting pissed of with the Singaporean league. I bought colombian striker Gutierrez with his 17 finishing and he completely dominated the league scoring over a goal a game, until they broke his ribs. I won the league, and as he recovered for the new league, he broke his rib again. I still get by winning mostly, until Gutierrez recovers again. Thing is, he can't score now. Worst case was against Super Reds, he had at least 5 one on ones with the keeper, shooting straight at him nearly every time. Then this shit striker of theirs with no stats over 10 decides to rip through my defence and lob the keeper with 6 finishing. Pissed me off as I ended up losing 3-2 with a goal disallowed. Still no other team will take me, so I'm tempted to start another game with more lower leagues on.

what made you decide to go in the Singaporean League might i ask?

I started a game unemployed with the top leagues from most countries on. Since most of these have established teams looking for experienced managers, my only choices were Woodlands and another singaporean team. I took the former and are now stuck with them due to the lack of lower leagues.

Got drawn into a group of death in the UEFA Cup with Manchester City, Leverkusen,Sevilla(yipes) and an Austrian team called GAK.

We were predicted to draw with GAK away but thumped them 9-0 with Almeida bagging 5 goals, lost to Leverkusen 2-1 despite a brave fight and a late goal which made them nervous in the end. Then travelled to England to face the Mancs and were 2-0 up in about 12 minutes through Mackie and Almeida.

Unfortunately Peter Crouch decided to rip the shit out of my defense and scored a hat trick but we stole the point in the 89th minute with Bobby Zamora heading in from a corner, we had to get a point against Sevilla at home despite their squad consisting of the likes of Dani Alves and Fabiano. They got an early goal through a set piece but Mackie levelled just before half time and we hung on to get through the next round!, I was hoping for an easy tie and we got one!.

Valencia:(