Boondocks - Season 2

Riceman 4K

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there's a joke to be made about the fact that it took a black TV show three years to do 2 seasons.

And even though Boondocks is one of my favorite TV shows, I will not be satisfied with it until they introduce Caesar from the comic strip.

I have mixed feelings on Caesar. On one hand, he's a great character, but on the other, the comic strip hit its peak soon after his introduction and mostly turned into Huey and Caesar bantering about politics/pop culture and nothing else.

Personally, I'm still waiting for Cindy to appear, as she was by far my favorite minor comic strip character (though I was also fond of the brief appearances of Psycho Star Wars Guy).

The promo video was fantastic, anyway. I'm greatly looking forward to the new season FINALLY starting, because Jesus has it been too long.

• 2 months later...

New season this monday. Snoop Dogg and Mo'Nique guest star. Looks fucking hilarious from the previews.

Granddad, Huey, Riley and Jazmine sneak into the movies to watch Soulplane 2: The Blackjacking! At the theatre, they do their best to avoid Ruckus, who is fervent about reporting them to the authorities.

"Granddad, I ain't never goin' to the movies with you again, not after what happened last time!"

"What happened?"

"We got arrested and shot at!"

"Eh, racism."

Already watched it on Adult Swim's site, and it is fantastic. "This is going to be one of the worst days of your life. I'm bringing nunchucks." is totally one of Huey's best lines in the animated series thusfar.

Ho-ho-holy shit that was good.

"Come see why black incompetence is our funniest weapon in the war on terror!"

"And 50 Cent as... Air Marshal 50 Cent."

"I'll stop those terrorists.. OR DIE TRYIN'."

Riley: "Forget Jasmine let's go."

Grandad: "We couldn't."

Riley: "She the weak link. She'll slow us down."

Grandad: "I mean, how could we?"

Riley: "Look, she a little girl. They not gonna give her no real time, she do what, a coupla months tops? But we both got priors. We got's to go! C'mon Grandad we runnin' outta time!"