Boondocks - Season 2

Riceman 4K

You crazy, Jazmine was great.

"I. wanna. go. hoooome!"

"Shut up."

"You're ruining my innocence!"

"Shut up."

Agreed. She was fantastic and this was the best use of her since "The Block is Hot."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically, episode two of the second season is a really dumbed-down version of the storyarc in the comics where Tom and Sarah broke up and then got back together. Which makes sense, because Tom and Sarah breaking up over Sarah voting for Ralph Nader doesn't really work anymore.

Didn't really make it horribly funny, though. It's unfortunate, because Sarah DuBois was a decent character in the comic strip and in the animated series she's just Tom's wife. Like, no personality, no job, just... Sarah. She's Tom's wife. And she's white. Rah. Highlights were the music video bit because that was pretty great, Huey's... what, three lines in the episode, A Pimp Named Slickback's inexplicably British hacker surveillance girl, and the reveal at the end since of course that shit wasn't going to work, but this was mostly just boring. Tom DuBois doesn't work as the focal point of an episode, he's just not funny enough on his own without Granddad or Huey to play off of.

A Pimp Named Slickback needs to be in more episodes.

And I suppose if you're a follower of the strip compared to the strip this may have been subpar, but it was a decent episode. Not as funny as the premiere, but still better than most of the unadulterated shit Adult Swim's prone to putting on the air.

I was worried about A Pimp Named Slickback being a recurring character. He seemed to me like he'd only be good as a once off, minor character. Damn if he didn't end up saving the episode. Was anyone else reminded of Black Mage during that "Scientifically speaking, has not hitting her been working?" part?

New episode's up on The Fix.

EDIT: Oh, man. Great episode. Way, way better than last week. I love Rummy's technology rants. "It's not a cybernetic ear, it's a fuckin' cellphone headset!" And Ruckus totally brings the fucking goods with the hilarious outfit and great dialogue. "They ain't negroes! It couldn't be them!" Bwahahaha.

Edited by Cloudy

Just watched Stinkmeaner Strikes Back.

Stinkmeaner is awesome. Everything he says is just so over the top it's funny.

Robert "Mr. Bitches" Freeman in his Myspace profile and the whole first bathroom scene is hilarious. Lastly, Uncle Ruckus reminds me why he might just be the greatest cartoon character ever. His rant at the end was the best bit of the season so far.

FUCK YOUR COURT!

I was listening to Ghostface Killah's "Back Like That" minutes before I loaded the video and right before it loaded during the commercial I was thinking "Ghost ought to be in a Boondocks episode."

I am awesome!

New episode's up. It's hilarious.

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=...115fb8772c30039

Thugnificent moves into Woodcrest. Hilarity ensues. Snoop Dogg returns to voice a member of Thugnificent's crew. Watch it.

"Eat a sack of BABY DICKS mothafucka!"

That was pretty good.

lol at Granddad making a rap video.

What was that line on the phone with Xzibit?

"No curses, now!" ?

"... did you just congratulate me on reading?"

Oh man. Thugnificent and his crew need to become semi-recurring characters like Ed and Rummy are, they're hysterical (especially the crew member who mostly babbles incoherently and says "knaamean" about eighty times over the course of the episode). Great episode.

EDIT:

It has been confirmed that Cindy McPhearson from the comic strip will be included in the second season. Cindy is a girl in Huey's class who is oblivious to racial issues. She enjoys rap music, especially Snoop Dogg.

Fuck yes. That's my favorite Boondocks supporting cast member of all time, right there.

Edited by GoGo Yubari *

I KNEW that guy (the kna'meeeean guy) sounded familiar -- it was Busta Rhymes.

Ahahaha, oh man, really? That's amazing. The guest spots on The Boondocks is always top notch.