Boondocks - Season 2

Riceman 4K

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched this and South Park one after the other, and South Park paled in comparison to this episode. An incredible amount of cameos (Sway, Fatman Scoop, Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, Busta Bust, Xzibit) plus a great story.

Right now I'm begging for an mp3 of "Eff Granddad". Man, was that great.

Does anyone know when the next new episode is due out? On imdb.com, I see that the 2nd season premiere is scheduled to play again this coming Monday and that there's a blank for the following week.

All the episode premieres are up on AdultSwim.com except for The Boondocks, so I have no idea. I'm really, really hoping that it's just some mistake because I don't want to have waited 2 years for the second season only to get less than half a season so soon. :(

EDIT: For whatever reason the new episode, according to wikipedia, is scheduled to air November 19th.

DOUBLEDIT: http://www.adultswim.com/shows/boondocks/ Repeats until November 19th, "Episode 207".

Edited by Cloudy Is Thugnificent

Attack of the Killer Kung Fu Wolf Bitch is now up on adultswim. Will edit in my thoughts at the end.

EDIT: It wasn't the advertised episode of Huey boycotting BET, and was easily the weakest episode of the season in my mind. It might just be my least favorite episode of the entire series so far.

Edited by naiwf

Advertised episode of Huey boycotting BET? O.o The only one I've seen advertised is this one. Attack of the Killer Kung-Fu Wolf Bitch.

The BET boycott was listed as the next ep on imdb.com and tv.com for about a week. Someone on the adult swim thread for the last episode also noticed that was supposed to be the next episode.

Weird. Maybe they're saving it for a finale or something.

Decent episode. End made up for the lacking in the rest. Bahahaha.

Also, naiwf, I checked the DirecTV guide for Boondocks and - tonight - at 1:30, the repeat slot, Huey's boycott of BET is listed. Which is weird, because the 10:30 initial run is listed as "Or Die Trying", where they sneak into the theatre to see Soul Plane 2.

I watched this and South Park one after the other, and South Park paled in comparison to this episode. An incredible amount of cameos (Sway, Fatman Scoop, Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, Busta Bust, Xzibit) plus a great story.

Right now I'm begging for an mp3 of "Eff Granddad". Man, was that great.

Thugnificent - Eff Granddad.mp3

Ahahahahahaha, oh Christ, you are legend. Thanks for posting that.

Boondocks is so amazing, I really need to play catch-up with the episodes though :P

The highlight of this week's episode was Bushido Brown returning for all of five seconds. Everything else was decidedly mediocre and it's probably the second-worst episode of The Boondocks ever ("The Story of Gangstalicious" I cared for the least, and "Tom, Sarah, and Usher" is up there too but I outright laughed out loud at the latter a couple of times, and I can't say that of this week's episode).

Also, more trivialization, but according to wiki "Invasion of the Katrinians" was supposed to be the next episode after the Story of Thugnificent. I assume it was scrapped because of relevancy? Surely most of those displaced have moved back to Lousiana or found their permanent relocation. I dunno.

Yeah, I was really hoping they would scrap that. I'm assuming that was an adaptation of the storyline from the strip that ran, oh... two years ago, when it was still topical.

Just saw the new Boondocks promo. It's gonna have Thugnificent and the Lethal Interjection crew, so I'm going to go out on a limb and call it awesome.

The new Boondocks is up on adultswim. I hope it's better than last week's and it should be with Thugnificent and what should be the first Riley intensive ep so far, at least according to the blurb telling you what it's about.

EDIT: Unlike last week, that was great from start to finish.

Edited by naiwf

"How good?"

"Uh, real good?"

"OK, you passed!"

and

"Whatcha'll niggas know about MySpace?"

Fantastic episode. I love that "Thug Angels" portrait Thugnificent has.. with himself in it. Bwahahaha. Awesome. And what was that song that played during Riley's chain montage?

Hahahaha.. nice nod to Friday.

"Kissin' a man?"

"Yeah yeah!"

allusions to Guantanamo? At least, I'm assuming that's what the torture stuff was.

Edited by Cloudy Bartowski

Oh my god this episode is fucking brilliant. Between Thugnificent, Riley vs. Bitch Magnet, and then the jabs at Guantanamo followed by Flonominal getting punked out... man. I am so, so very glad that Thugnificent and Lethal Interjection are semi-recurring characters like I was hoping they'd become, they're absolutely amazing (especially that one guy who has HIGH ASPIRATIONS OF... working at Wendy's). The only thing I didn't care so much for was the extended MySpace commercial, more or less.

Edited by GoGo Yubari