Madden 08

Toe

I did update my sliders, based on a set I found on some Madden forums that are apparently pretty popular. They made my game tough and I'm only on all-pro at this point. First time in years I've actually felt real good competition from Madden, I love that.

Any chance I could get those posted or PMed?

Edited by Typical Phenom

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started a franchise with the Eagles yesterday, hoping to get them finally to the Superbowl. Lost the first game by 1 point, and won 6 straight. Of course, what would an Eagles season be without Donovan McNabb getting injured? Up steps Colb, who does pretty good in his first game and I'm 7-1. I have a tough schedule ahead of me though during the last stretch of the season, so we'll see how we do then.

I also have to agree on the turnovers really messing up the game. I haven't had all that many, but the computer is fumbling and throwing interceptions all over the place, and I'm on All Madden. Lito Sheppard's gonna have a hell of year at this rate.

Just started a franchise with the Eagles yesterday, hoping to get them finally to the Superbowl. Lost the first game by 1 point, and won 6 straight. Of course, what would an Eagles season be without Donovan McNabb getting injured? Up steps Colb, who does pretty good in his first game and I'm 7-1. I have a tough schedule ahead of me though during the last stretch of the season, so we'll see how we do then.

I also have to agree on the turnovers really messing up the game. I haven't had all that many, but the computer is fumbling and throwing interceptions all over the place, and I'm on All Madden. Lito Sheppard's gonna have a hell of year at this rate.

Anyone else having simming issues? I'm testing out the Lions and even with the philosophy set at 50/50 for RB1/RB2, whichever back I have starting is getting every carry. Kevin Jones had 45 attempts in one game while Bell had none. And if I move Bryson to fullback (I have Beverly starting currently), he ends up splitting the carries with the starting halfback, but still nothing from the backup halfback. Just curious if anyone is having similar experiences or may have a solution of sorts?

Yes, Madden shits out another year of horrible offensive line play. Play develops, lineman stop blocking. Or even better, everyone on defense goes into coverage, one guy rushes and 4 of my lineman stand their doing nothing while I get sacked.

But what happens to the CPU's line? They never stop blocking and they get full support from every player in the backfield. This is ridiculous. They ripped off everything else from All Pro, why couldn't they steal the improved line work?

Yeah, you have options to prevent that. Control one of your d-lineman, and if you think it's pass, then commit to the pass when the ball is snapped. You'll risk giving up yards if they do run the ball, but it's something you're able to control.

Edited by That One Guy

Anyone else having simming issues? I'm testing out the Lions and even with the philosophy set at 50/50 for RB1/RB2, whichever back I have starting is getting every carry. Kevin Jones had 45 attempts in one game while Bell had none. And if I move Bryson to fullback (I have Beverly starting currently), he ends up splitting the carries with the starting halfback, but still nothing from the backup halfback. Just curious if anyone is having similar experiences or may have a solution of sorts?

Yeah, you have options to prevent that. Control one of your d-lineman, and if you think it's pass, then commit to the pass when the ball is snapped. You'll risk giving up yards if they do run the ball, but it's something you're able to control.