Madden 08

Toe

This is kind of an old point, but allegedly according to EA, when referring to why some of the jerseys look messed up, they claimed that a couple of NFL teams didn't sign off on them using say Chicago's white pants jerseys or Cleveland's new jerseys.

Take that for what you will.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my Giants roster(franchise mode) I'm wanting to flesh out my offense some more because right now , our defense is rocking , but the offense is struggling bad. I'm 0-5 now. Shockey and Burress are the only two WR that can catch on a semi-regular basis the rest of the guys drop it or can never get open. I can get a good running game started but late in the game when the opponents are doubling up on Shockey and Burress. the run falls apart and the other guys stop functioning all together. I don't know if it's Eli Manning even though he's best choice as of now for the team. Any ideas on a free agent to pick up or suggestions for position changes are welcome.

Giants Starting Roster

QB:

Eli Manning

A.Wright

T. Hassleback

HB:

B.Jacobs

R. Droughns

D.Ward

FB:

J. Finn

WR:

R. Burress

A.Toomer

S.Smith

D.Tyree

S.Moss

D.Watts

M.Hogan(signed from Free agency- showed good hustle in training camp)

Te:

J.Shockey

K.Boss

LT:

D.Diehl

G.Whimper

LG:

R.Seubert

C:

S.O'hara

G.Ruegamer

RG:

C.Snee

RT:

K.Mckenzie

J.Dunn

LE:

M.Straham

A.Awasom

RE:

D.Umenyiora

J.Tuck

DT:

F.Robbins

M.Bell

W.Joseph

B.Cofield

LOLB:

M.Kiwanuka

R.Torbor

Z.Deossie

MLB:

A.Pierce

C.Blackburn

D.Herring(created myself as a developing rookie)

ROLB:

K.Mitchell

G.Wilkinson

CB:

S.Madison

C.Webster

R.McQuarters

A.Ross

FS:

W.Demps

J.Butler

SS:

G.Wilson

J.Bell

M.Stone

K/P:

L.Tynes(K)

J.Feagles(P)

Yeah thats what I thought starting the season. But every team has held me to a field goal on most drives. 3rd down conversion are really hurting me. Shockey will catch it all the time if he's not in double coverage. the rest of the guys though really have a hard time catching it when they are open lol.

Jacobs and Droughns are a ok team. I just need to work on my passing game. I'm 0-7 now lol if I keep this up we'll be the worst team in the nfl

playing on all pro with the sliders posted in this topic. the other difficulties I found were too easy , have yet to play on all madden. I'd probably get beat even worse lol. How do I package them with another player ?

oh ok I gotcha. I'm on ps2 as well. M.Hogan will be a star if he keeps it up like he is now.. If I decide to trade Toomers Hogan will probably take his spot.

I've managed to get over the whole fumble problem and interception problems with just smart play. Don't let the RB run more then twice in a row, change him out if you want to keep banging away. Be really careful with your throws, if your primary reciever isn't open or wont be in seconds, then go to the check down and try to run for some yards.

I think the next gen versions are the ones with the fumbling problem.

I ended up trading Toomers and a 2nd round draft pick to pick up Priest Holmes. Then I signed Warrick from the free agency to take over Toomer's spot.

Still lossing games , so I believe it's a slider issue. I need to find some sliders for Pro or find better all pro sliders lol

I enjoy this game a lot just I as have for past Madden games, though this series still has a long ways to go on the Next Gen consoles before it's even close to what it once was on Current Gen.

I've only lost one game to the computer in about 13 games, I'm playing on All-Pro. I've considered moving up to All-Madden but unlike in past years I have trouble with my offense, the only team I can even get decent offensive numbers with is New Orleans (for obvious reasons) and otherwise I have shitty offensive numbers and yet still win the games convincingly due to my defensive play (even if I play with a horrible defensive team)

I don't know, it's just one of those things I guess.

None of these are my creation or anything, just things I've found online. Here are the sliders.

Since hardy anyone has been posting PS2 sliders this year, I thought I'd share mine. They might work with XBox too, but I havent tried.

Game

All-pro (I play with vision cone off)

12 minutes (this can be anywhere from 10 to 12 mins to get 120 ish plays depending on how quickly you select plays, I'm fairly slow)

accelerated clock ON

All assists turned OFF

Custom Game Setting

Auto-Sub Out 83%

Auto-Sub In 88%

Penalty Settings

All Maxed APART from:

Holding 8

Face Mask 8

Clipping 8

AI Sliders

Offense

Human/CPU

QB Acc 8/15

Pass Block 8/7

WR Catch 10*/12 hum raised 1 because of a lot of dropped catches

RB Abil 10/12

Run Block 10/11

Defense

Human/CPU

Awareness 5/13* cpu lowered 1 because of "speed burst" noted below

Knockdown 5/14

Interceptions 1/2

Break Block 6/6 * cpu lowered 1 to help run & pass

Tackling 6/7

Special Teams

Human/CPU

FG Length 7/5

FG Acc 7*/5* Both raised because of a lot of missed FGs

Punt Length 10/12

Punt Acc 10/10

Kickoff 10/10

*denotes changed recently

Most of these notes are for myself, just ignore them, the numbers posted are the ones you want

I've had some really fun games with them. Try them and if you think they can be improved, let me know, feedback is always appreciated.

I'm loving it for the 360 so far, except for the fact that my Bears keep dropping interceptions, like really easy catches. Sometimes, they'll go up for it, but the animation changes so they tackle the receiver down instead, it's gay. I've not touched the sliders yet, however, and I'm on Pro, maybe moving up to All-Pro will help, but I struggle offensively as it is :/

Franchise is messed up. I know Peyton Manning and Brady are good, but Manning got player of the week for throwing for 500+ yards and 5 touchdowns, and a week later, Brady was honoured for his 600+ yard performance and 6 TDs. Seriously, WTF?

Oh, and there's supposedly a new roster update out today that removes Michael Vick.