Madden 08

Toe

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

So I just got a 360 yesterday and for some reason I can't find how to update the rosters for the life of me. It's probably in a obvious spot that we've gone over a few times, but for some reason we can't find it. :bang:

Anybody wanna help me out here?

Edited by Disco King

I did a fantasy draft, and put in my made up team, the West Virginia Bulldogs in instead of the Jacksonville Jaguars, and in my first game, my starting running back DeAngelo Williams went out for the first quarter, and my second string was already out for three weeks, so I put in my like 65 overall third string, and he totally tore up the Titans defense (the team that I was playing.)

So I just got a 360 yesterday and for some reason I can't find how to update the rosters for the life of me. It's probably in a obvious spot that we've gone over a few times, but for some reason we can't find it. :bang:

Anybody wanna help me out here?

You have to go to start an online match. It'll automatically download the rosters for you and you can then save them. You don't have to actually play the game, you can exit as soon as the rosters have downloaded.

I've not heard anything about an NCAA patch, sorry. Also, I read a producer blog about what the patch actually intends to fix, and there's no mention of the franchise-killing bug (free agent pool dries up between third and fifth year, making it impossible to fill out rosters, something to do with undrafted rookies not going into free agents or aomething), which is rather odd, as that was the one theat was expected to be fixed as it affected the casual gamers and their ability to play (generally EA hasn't cared if the game plays amazingly realistically, as long as they can say it's playable, i.e isn't broken).

If you want to move you franchise to a different season in franchise mode and have a new stadium and all, how long does that take? Will you be moved the year after?

Also, say you just want to do renovations on your stadium, like change the name, you can do that right? If so, does that change right away?

Thanks for the help whoever can help me.

• 1 month later...

Are there any differences in superstar mode between 07 and 08?

Well for one, you don't have to be a created superstar. (You can start as one of the real life rookies) or your NCAA import.

Also, there's supersim, which I'm pretty sure wasn't in last year, or if it was, I never got it to work, where you can choose to only go to the plays where you're on the field. (Last year, you had to watch them, just sped up, now it just sims it completely)

How do you set up supersim?

It's either an option before you select a game in franchise mode, or you can pause a game in progress and it's in the menu somewhere. From there you have the option to sim to the next play, your next possession or the rest of the game.

Has anyone noticed any positive effects from the second patch? I've found my passing game (formerly non-existent due to it being fucking impossible to find an open receiver, and when you do, the DBs jump about twelve feet in the air to steal it, or jump on the play when they couldn't even have seen the ball) is now a little more than lifeless. I'm an awful quarterback, I really am, I can't stay in the pocket and I can't read who's open very well. And other than watching for safeties cheating up on the line, I don't do much pre-snap either.

It's still quite tough to find anyone that's open. Especially when it comes to the deep pass. Only maybe 25% of my deep passes actually make it into the hands of my receiver. A few of those times they drop it, though. :angry: I throw more interceptions than I would like. However, I'm not fumbling like mad anymore. :D

I still throw boatloads of INTs, but 99% are out of either panic because my O-line gets smoked, or out of sheer "I can fit that in there! *throw*" Brett Favre imitation stupidity.

Related note, Devin Hester is pathetically easy to trade for and a lethal weapon on offense. Steve Smith and Devin Hester, the Bomb Squad (Y)

Too bad Jarrett is my only other decent receiver, because Carter & Colbert have the dropsies.

Speaking of receivers, anybody seen any freaks of nature? I remember in NCAA 04 finding a 6'7" receiver with 99 jump...passing has never been easier, I just 'overthrew' him and he went up and got it. I'm still hoping to stumble across another one of those, because Smith & Hester are short.