NHL 08 Vs. NHL 2K8

HeyThereVelvet

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the new jerseys haven't been unveiled yet; I hear rumors of an unlock code being added as the "new jerseys" are unveiled, either because the NHL doesn't want the surprise spoiled or EA legitimately doesn't know the final designs and has to create them still.

It's the code thing. You have to get the code from EA or RBK, and I assume the code won't come out until all the jerseys are unveiled. The same thing is with the AHL teams.

Also, cycling the puck is awesome. Tucker and Sundin kept moving the puck down low, and when I saw the defenceman from the slot move over to help, I sent a pass to Ponikarovsky who had set up in the slot. He got an easy goal simply because I controlled position and moved the puck like they do in real games.

In overtime, I cycled between Sundin and Blake until I saw Kaberle move off the point and towards to slot. Sent the pass to him and he sent a wrist shot past Ray Emery to give me the win. It was awesome.

I've only played the demo so far due to the game not being out yet but from the demo and what you guys have said, I'll be getting it (During the after xmas sale when i can get it for 40 bucks), The graphics are SO good the jerseys look awesome and so real and it took me about 5 trys to score.... and then 5 more to make sure they didnt and then it took a freeking wind up slide shot by Bertuzzi to get it past Emery, Real Cheap way to win. :(

Played a game online, went up early over my opponent (who was the Sharks) by two with goals from Wellwood and Sundin. By the middle of the second though, he had come back. During the intermission though, there are coaching tips that change depending on what you did well and what you didnt. It said force your opponent to go to the outside and pressure him. I did this, and completely shut down the Sharks. Scored the winning goal with Tucker with some great play down low. It was awesome.

I want the code to unlock the jerseys now. Also, a roster update is desperately needed already. There is no Toews or Kane on Chicago, and Toronto still has O'Neill and Peca on the roster (I fixed that in my game already).

Has anyone played NHL 08 for the Playstation 2 yet? What I'm hearing about it isn't what I want to be hearing about it.

People are saying that it's the same as 07, the skill stick doesn't work very well and the AHL isn't playable in Dynasty mode. I'll probably turn the skill stick off for my dynasty, but those are three things that will be major make or break things for me and this game.

So I won 3-2. Started off with alfredsson getting a goal after banging away at a loose puck next to fleury. Then Crosby scored with a nice deke. during the second period Alfredsson scored again this time a wrist shot top corner. 10 seconds later though Malkin scores with a rap around. as the time was winding down in the third schubert pulled off the sickest looking dangle ever and scored for the win.

Now one things that I found wrong at the end of the game was that Staal was 1st star, emery was 2nd (he deserved it) and crosby was 3rd. Now Crosby only had 1 goal whereas Alfredsson had 2 goals and Schubert had the game winner. But that isn't what irks me. Staal only played 1 minute and 20 seconds before I injured him and he had no points. Kind of ruined the moment.

Still a great game.

Also does anyone know how to change the country flag for my online profile?

Has anyone played NHL 08 for the Playstation 2 yet? What I'm hearing about it isn't what I want to be hearing about it.

People are saying that it's the same as 07, the skill stick doesn't work very well and the AHL isn't playable in Dynasty mode. I'll probably turn the skill stick off for my dynasty, but those are three things that will be major make or break things for me and this game.

I don't think they put much into the PS2 or PC versions of the game, sadly.

And CKN, is Alfredsson the best player in the game or something. When I play against the Senators, he always scores two goals and annoys the hell out of me. He can't miss the net it seems!

Edited by CKN

Umm....yea....for us non-donators, what's goin on?

Gamefly sent me NHL 2k8 already, should be here tomorrow. They'll be sending NHL 08 tomorrow probably, should be here early next week. I wanted to be able to play and compare both games before deciding on a buy. This will be the first year I buy a hockey game though.

Umm....yea....for us non-donators, what's goin on?

Gamefly sent me NHL 2k8 already, should be here tomorrow. They'll be sending NHL 08 tomorrow probably, should be here early next week. I wanted to be able to play and compare both games before deciding on a buy. This will be the first year I buy a hockey game though.

What I can't figure out, is whether or not there are supposed to be guys who show up on their NHL and AHL teams in the Roster Management section. Example, Halak in Montreal and Hamilton. Is this a duplicate of the player, or does it mean he's with Montreal, but on assignment in Hamilton? I'm so fucking lost, but I don't want to be removing these guys if they're not dupes.

What I can't figure out, is whether or not there are supposed to be guys who show up on their NHL and AHL teams in the Roster Management section. Example, Halak in Montreal and Hamilton. Is this a duplicate of the player, or does it mean he's with Montreal, but on assignment in Hamilton? I'm so fucking lost, but I don't want to be removing these guys if they're not dupes.

In my game Halak is only on Montreal. Have you got the roster update?