Official 2007 NCAA Football Season

ACCBiggz

UCLA goes up and down every year, especially since Bob Toledo got fired. It's called mediocre coaching. The Pac 10 is NOT 'USC and whoever is second best'. The only teams who have beaten, or come close to beating, USC, are Pac 10 teams. The same 3-5 teams are at the top of the conference every year, in USC, Oregon, UCLA, Cal, and one out of either Oregon State or Arizona State.

hhmm ... since 2002 you have Southern Cal and then

'02/'03 - Wazzu had ten wins and then you have a logjam of three 8 win teams and 3 seven win teams (oregon/cal/ucla/osu/asu)

in '04 Wazzu drops to 5 wins, as does Oregon ... only three teams have more than 8 wins

in '05 Wazzu drops of completely and then Oregon and UCLA find 10 wins ...

last year, OSU and Cal pop up with ten wins all of a sudden while your 'usual suspects' drop off again

Mediocrity my friend. Outside of USC, NO team has shown any kind of consistancy in the Pac.

You ever think the reason that top SEC teams win so many games every year is because they NEVER play anyone out of conference? I'm sure if UCLA played The Citadel every year, they'd be able to add an easy win to their schedule, but Pac 10 teams don't do that, they play people. No one in the SEC, outside of Tennessee, seems willing to do that consistently.

It's already been shown that this comment was said without any kind of thought at all. Kind of funny when earlier you even used the USC/Arkansas game as one of your examples. But, I'll just list the nobodies they've played since '03 ....

USC more than once. Oregon, Clemson, Georgia Tech (not just Georgia), Oklahoma, Miami, Texas, Oregon State, Boise State, Southern Miss, Michigan, Cal, Missouri, Virginia Tech ... not quite NEVER playing anyone.

and for every Citadel you want to throw out there, the Pac 10 has an Idaho State or Northern Arizona. Every conference does it.

Alabama/FSU is nice, I'll give you that.

Let me just add FSU has added Oklahoma for home/away and then WVU home/away the two years after that, they were signed last season I believe. So they recognize what the out of conference scheduling does for the BCS and getting voters early on (OSU/UT, OSU/USC coming up, Cal/Tenn, etc).

But I agree with DMN that rivalry games don't count.

BC/USF for BCS. It'll be great.

It is kinda sad that these are two actually good teams that are most likely going to play for the national title, only to have the BCS potentially get scrapped on account of the "bad" national title game. Neither team is bad enough to warrant the "Bad teams like this playing for a national title is what finally killed the BCS" trashing they'll get should it come to fruition.

That's just it. USF IS GOOD ! So is BC. Ohio State is probably the least 'worthy' of the undefeated teams right now (along with Hawaii). Who have they beaten ? Washington ? Come on, they've beaten only one team with a decent record, and that was overly inflated Purdue. Get real. OSU hasn't played anyone yet.

Kansas is in the same boat as OSU. At least they've played someone though, albiet in a rivalry game. The jury is out on them, and the schedule will tell this tale real soon.

ASU ..... eh, I want to believe but something keeps holding me back. It's probably the flop after flop that they're known for after great starts, however in Dennis we should trust. I think they're going to finish with one or two losses though. The wins over Colorado and Org St look good now though. Maybe they can find a way. I hope so.

Wait a minute, how the heck are Boston College good? They squeaked by freaking UMASS, Ryan was a complete disaster. Ohio State has played exactly NOBODY and looked less than impressive in the process at the start. The resume of South Florida got even stronger after Auburn took down Florida. South Florida, as strange as it is to fathom, really is the best team in the country and should be #1. Oregon also has a strong case to be ahead of Ohio State and/or BC since they lost to Cal by a yard.

Basically, I think all this craziness screams for a playoff. Can you imagine the competition, ratings, and money it'd bring in now?

How is BC good ? They have in Ryan, one of the top 5 QB's in the nation. Whitworth and Callender are as good as any two backs in college right now, and their attack is balanced. They aren't flashy, but they don't have to be. They just scraped by UMass ? Ok, they don't blow anyone out really. They just had the same exact game against ND. So what ? They are a consistant team. They don't get up or down. They play well each time out.

They've got 5 WR's with 24 + catches. It doesn't matter who they give the ball to. It isn't just the offense, the D is balanced as well. Both sides of the ball are in the top 30 in the nation. Put that with being 4th in turnover margin, and you've got a GOOD football team.

I'm happy that BC has been doing so good this year. I hope that Ohio State loses and we get a BC/USF Title game, which would be interesting and would also most likely destroy the BCS system.