Albums You Think Are Underrated?

Hobo

Just thinking to myself whilst listening to Peter Gabriel's "Up" album that when I randomly decided one day to check reviews for this I saw it didn't do so well on the whole except for maybe one review I saw and in that review. Rolling Stone for one claimed Gabriel was "out of touch", which makes me wonder if they even gave the album a chance to sink in. I can't remember what site it was but the reviewer wrote how it took a few listens to actually see how good it was and I now can agree. "Up" is a great album, with some powerful songs about life and death ("No Way Out" for one describes the moment someone close to you actually dies whilst "I Grieve" follows in the same vein but ends with actual acceptance of death ending with the conclusion that life will go on nonetheless).

I'm sure I can think of more but then everyone can.

Prepare to laugh you asses off...

Ask anyone, and with the exception of their one single "Drowning", no one has heard or they just completely ignored Crazy Town's Darkhorse album. Everyone automatically assumed "oh, the band who did "Butterfly", who gives a shit about them?", but you all really need to go listen to a few tracks on that album, it is actually VERY good.

:angry: Stop laughing already and go check it out!!

"One Day Remains" - Alter Bridge

I just can't stop listening to AB. I've been listening ever since the day the album came out, and it's the one Album I've not got completely bored of after a month or two.

Most of the people who I know thought it was great a first, but grew tired of it. There's some awesome tracks on there...Especially "Broken Wings" and "Find The Real". Well, all of them are awesome in there own way.

Hopefully "Blackbrid" will be better :) Roll on October 8th! (We get it a day earlier than the USA! Go us!)

Edited by Chip Horton

Spiritual Machines by Our Lady Peace. It was a good concept album, and the hidden track is neat.

This man knows what he's talking about. Hell, Our lady Peace as a whole are very underrated in my opinion, but that could be because they're my favourite band.

I can't really think of anything else at this point.

"Dizzy Up The Girl" by Goo Goo Dolls

"The Rising Tide" by Sunny Day Real Estate

"(What's the Story) Morning Glory?" by Oasis (Everyone mentions "Definitely Maybe", but (WTS)MG? is just as good, if not better...well that may be due to sentimental reasons)

erm......there's probably more.

Edited by YI

"Dizzy Up The Girl" by Goo Goo Dolls

Dizzy Up The Girl underrated? I always thought that was generally seen as one of the staples of that kinda music.....its one of the only albums that most of my mates all have, and always gets talked up seemingly.

Edited by YI

Call me silly but I've always felt that Immortal have been underrated in the metal community. Sure, their image is tongue-in-cheek, definitively, with the excess posing and theatrical corpsepaints and whatnot, but the fact is that almost universally in their production Abbath and Demonaz can really play guitar and write incredible, epic riffs as well as shorter fast-paced songs. Especially albums like "Damned In Black" and "Sons Of Northern Darkness" really seem to elude the appreciation I feel they deserve.

I think I'll go with Incubus's Light Grenades. You heard a few people say how much they liked it about the time it came out and then that sort of simmered quickly. I honestly think, though, that this is the best record they've made so far. There's a lot more songs that I love than the number of tracks from Morning View or A Crow Left..., which were interchangeable faves until LG came out.

Head Automatica's Decadence is also a fantastic record. I remember when Popaganda came out and I couldn't stand the band. Somehow, though, I checked this out and I did a complete 180 turn on the band. This is amazing pop/rock with a mix of modern sounds thrown into it. It's got the right amount of cheekiness to it (one of the song is titled "I Shot William H. Macy") and it's just awesome.