Emile Heskey Called Up

IAceI

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Let's play David Nugent who seemingly can't score in the Premiership and only scored for England because he tapped in from Jermaine Defoe's shot. Or Chopra, who weeks ago was overpriced, but now he's scored two goals is in the England frame.

Heskey is shit, but let's have a bit of perspective.

If Bent wasn't injured this wouldn't of even happened, but the fact is, England are never gonna reach the potential they have. Really, if Bent was fit it wouldn't of mattered he wouldn't of started, he never does despite being the top English Goalscorer last year and arguably the guy with the most potential to be a prolific England Goalscorer for some years, he's over looked because he doesn't play for the top 4-5. Shocked Heskey got the nod over Walcott though, he likes keeping the bench warm and staying up past his bed time. :shifty: Looks like Heskey will have that job anyways, i hope so anyway. Let's bring back Sheringham, Gazza and Psycho to roll back the years.

Matt Derbyshire would have been a better choice just to give him the experience.

The injuries are bad yes but to be fair, the team he could pick could still be pretty strong.

David James

Micah Richards

Ashley Cole

John Terry

Rio Ferndinand

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Joe Cole

Steven Gerrard/Owen Hargreaves

Michael Carrick

Michael Owen

Andy Johnson/Peter Crouch(after suspension)

I think his line-up will be along the lines of that. On paper it isn't bad at all. We shouldn't be worried because the squad seems deflated of quality, we're fucking England for god sake playing against Russia and Israel at Home, we shouldn't have nothing to worry about. But because we have low confidence and a shit manager, it's panic buttons.

I've read a lot about Gary Neville aswell in the thread, consider Neville gone, Richards warrants a place over him, youth, better defender, bright future. Gary Neville must nip himself every morning 2 make sure he isn't dreaming. Hopefully, Stevie G will play and we can see what England are like in the middle without the Lampard/Gerrard combo.

I can't see the English National team coming close to a trophy anytime soon. There over hyped and over paid, but my god i can't help but love them lol. Now it's time for a change, give Maclaren the next two games, don't get 6 points sack him, simple. Harsh? No. His record already for England isn't good, but then replacement? Who knows, i'd love Wenger as the next manager but doubt that would happen.

There's my rant.

There isn't really. It's not like World Cup 98 where we had Shearer, Sheringham, Owen, Wright, Fowler and Ferdinand to choose from, then Scholes, Merson or Le Tissier who could all play off the striker. The depth of English talent is worryingly thin.

Not really, we're just reluctant to try anyone who doesn't play for the big four, or is already proven at international level. Players like Bentley, Milner, Agbonlahor, Young, Lennon, Ashton, Derbyshire, Carson, Wright-Phillips, Smith, Taylor, Woodgate, Barry, Reo-Coker, Shorey, etc: aren't given any decent chances (half an hour in a friendly doesn't count). Instead we only pick the 'stars' and not the best and in form players.

If Bent wasn't injured this wouldn't of even happened, but the fact is, England are never gonna reach the potential they have. Really, if Bent was fit it wouldn't of mattered he wouldn't of started, he never does despite being the top English Goalscorer last year and arguably the guy with the most potential to be a prolific England Goalscorer for some years, he's over looked because he doesn't play for the top 4-5. Shocked Heskey got the nod over Walcott though, he likes keeping the bench warm and staying up past his bed time. :shifty: Looks like Heskey will have that job anyways, i hope so anyway. Let's bring back Sheringham, Gazza and Psycho to roll back the years.

Matt Derbyshire would have been a better choice just to give him the experience.

The injuries are bad yes but to be fair, the team he could pick could still be pretty strong.

David James

Micah Richards

Ashley Cole

John Terry

Rio Ferndinand

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Joe Cole

Steven Gerrard/Owen Hargreaves

Michael Carrick

Michael Owen

Andy Johnson/Peter Crouch(after suspension)

I think his line-up will be along the lines of that. On paper it isn't bad at all. We shouldn't be worried because the squad seems deflated of quality, we're fucking England for god sake playing against Russia and Israel at Home, we shouldn't have nothing to worry about. But because we have low confidence and a shit manager, it's panic buttons.

I've read a lot about Gary Neville aswell in the thread, consider Neville gone, Richards warrants a place over him, youth, better defender, bright future. Gary Neville must nip himself every morning 2 make sure he isn't dreaming. Hopefully, Stevie G will play and we can see what England are like in the middle without the Lampard/Gerrard combo.

I can't see the English National team coming close to a trophy anytime soon. There over hyped and over paid, but my god i can't help but love them lol. Now it's time for a change, give Maclaren the next two games, don't get 6 points sack him, simple. Harsh? No. His record already for England isn't good, but then replacement? Who knows, i'd love Wenger as the next manager but doubt that would happen.

There's my rant.

If Bent wasn't injured this wouldn't of even happened, but the fact is, England are never gonna reach the potential they have. Really, if Bent was fit it wouldn't of mattered he wouldn't of started, he never does despite being the top English Goalscorer last year and arguably the guy with the most potential to be a prolific England Goalscorer for some years, he's over looked because he doesn't play for the top 4-5.

Um, yeah he does. Bent would be in the squad if he was fit but he probably wouldn't start because we have better forwards than him. We have better forwards who are still young, why are we so eager to kick them out?

I don't see why Lennon's being listed by some in people who aren't given a decent chance, either, he's played a few times for England and has been billed as David Beckham's long term replacement. If he wasn't struggling with injury he would be in the squad for sure.

Not really, we're just reluctant to try anyone who doesn't play for the big four, or is already proven at international level. Players like Bentley, Milner, Agbonlahor, Young, Lennon, Ashton, Derbyshire, Carson, Wright-Phillips, Smith, Taylor, Woodgate, Barry, Reo-Coker, Shorey, etc: aren't given any decent chances (half an hour in a friendly doesn't count). Instead we only pick the 'stars' and not the best and in form players.

There isn't really. It's not like World Cup 98 where we had Shearer, Sheringham, Owen, Wright, Fowler and Ferdinand to choose from, then Scholes, Merson or Le Tissier who could all play off the striker. The depth of English talent is worryingly thin.