The Jeffster Memorial Chuck Thread

Guest Ringmaster

That's what I meant. In all reality, the odds of the strike ending anytime before March seem slim to me and if that doesn't happen then the season is all but dead in the water anyways. So, I pretty much predict now that all the final shows we are seeing/have seen will act as season finales since I find it highly unlikely we get anything new before September/October.

Oh and those final two eps air on a Thursday, which is odd, and are broken up by an ep of Celebrity Apprentice apparently, which is also quite odd.

• 8 months later...

Can we make this a thread for season 2 of Chuck as well? Has anyone been watching season 2? So far, only two episodes in but they've both been pretty good episodes. John Laroquette as Roan Montogomery on this week's episode was awesome.

• Like 1

I've been watching and the episodes have been as good as ever. Though I have been watching online since I have to watch Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother at the same time on Mondays. Ratings haven't been good this season apparently though, so I'm a bit worried about the future for Chuck, but apparently its still popular on iTunes and perhaps the DVR numbers will help.

Pretty good episode last night, just got around to watching it earlier. Poor Chuck and Sarah's fake relationship and their real one. :(

• Like 1

So, tonight's episode was good.

I was foolish enough to believe Jenny Burton was Agent Walker's real name, but as it turns out.. it's not. My one niggle with this episode is that she walks in after the fight with Heather, busted lip, two black eyes, soaking wet and with no shoes on and nobody questions it? Nobody?

So pretty much Tom Sawyer + The Touch + Buster from Arrested Development = another fantastic episode of Chuck.

And the preview for the next episode in 2 weeks was great.

Chuck-"And she slept with Bryce."

Casey-"Who hasn't?"

Yeah, that was an awesome episode. I love that they fleshed Jeff out a little more instead of just letting him remain "creepy guy obsessed with Anna". The Touch was a nice, uh, touch too.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Okay at this point if they cancel Chuck I'm done with NBC. I hate when people say that, but seriously. This is seriously the only show NBC has left I have to watch on a weekly basis.

"Why are you letting Sam Kinison and an Indian lesbian wreck your wedding?"

Chuck has jumped Heroes with ease as my favorite show on television this year. The first half of the second season was solid, but this last half has been absolutely amazing. The writing is excellent, the acting is phenomenal... I honestly think it's the best show on TV.

With that said, I shall cry like an Indian lesbian if the show gets canned and not picked up by anyone else.

The guy who reviews Chuck on The AV Club calls it the most predictably entertaining hour of television on TV, and he's right. It's not a show that tries to reinvent the wheel or blow minds, it's just a consistently funny, entertaining hour-long action comedy. If it ends the way it did last night that's okay, because if Chuck gets a third season it's going to have to write around Chuck's new kung fu powers to keep the formula working.

I love this show, so just realise it's saying something when I say that the last scene and the Mr Roboto shoot-out are 1-2 as my favorite scenes of this show's entire run. I've watched both like 3-4 times now.