Very Specific Music Recommendation...

ClaRK! Kent

Yep.

Basically, those of you who know more than you probably need to about me might know that I do stand-up comedy. Basically, starting in a couple of weeks, I have a lot of gigs coming up (some of them headliners, yeehaw) and I need, for want of a better term, entrance music. I've been using 'The Riverboat Song' by Ocean Colour Scene up to this point, but seeing as I'm going to be going in with almost 100% new material and an entirely new direction (I've spent the past few months rediscovering my card-carrying opinionated, cynical and close-to-the-bone nature, if you will) I want to get a new song.

My style's quite talkative, the odd bit of audience-y stuff, and it's very confrontational and take-no-prisoners, if you will. The people I did a test run to last weekend referred to it as 'rock'n'roll comedy', which I quite like. What I want for an entrance tune is something rock'n'roll, with an arrogant and self-assured sort of feel to it, and preferably with a long-ish (30 seconds minimum) intro so I can milk the entrance for all it's worth. I've been toying with Kid Rock's 'Cocky', and Oasis' 'Morning Glory' myself, but I thought I'd open it up to you guys to offer some suggestions, because EWB's fucking good for musical knowledge.

So yeah... there we go. Many thanks.

"Serve the Servants" by Nirvana (the intro's a little shorter than what you want, but it's just awesomely snarky and confident. The lines "Teenage angst has paid off well but now I'm bored and old/Self-appointed judges judge more than they have sold" might work well, too)

"Goody Two Shoes" by Adam Ant. For irony's sake. No? Okay.

"Hey Man, Nice Shot (Chemical Brothers Remix)" by Filter. The remix part is important. It is an awesome remix.

"Cult of Personality" by Living Color (bonus points if you go CM Punk and preface it with the intro to "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)" by Nancy Sinatra)

I'd suggest more but I've got schoolwork to deal with. So. Uh. Yes.

Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers - Motorhead (You said you're a bit confrontational, and sort of a rock and roll comedian? Well, Motorhead is rock and roll personified, and you seem to raise hell on stage.)

I wanna fuck myself - G.G. Allin (I know, this is probably too raunchy, but I do have a reason behind this. The song is very narcistic in it's approach. The lyrical content gives the impression of being self absorbed and believing that the individual is the only thing worth fucking. He himself would rather screw himself because he feels he himself is the only one worth his attention. As I said though, this is raunchy, and probably too over the top.

Can't go wrong with "The King of Rock and Roll" by Dio.

You said something Rock and Roll...So you might as well be the King of it...

I shall now crawl back in to the hole of which I came from...

Ran through the pc and found a couple for you to take a listen into.

Black Label Society - "Counterfeit God" (Can it get much more arrogant than a song that says "On your knees, worship me!"?)

Breaking Benjamin - "Blow Me Away"

Butthole Surfers - "The Shame of Life" (Might just be me, but it screams cocky, with "I love the girls and the money and the shame of life.")

Guns 'n Roses - "Ain't it Fun" or "Don't Damn Me"

Local H - "High Fiving Motherfucker"

Marilyn Manson - "Better of Two Evils"

Metallica - "Better than You" (Really isn't any other Metallica song I could think of for this.)

Monster Magnet - "Power Trip" or "Space Lord"

Motorhead - "Orgasmatron" (This one is pretty much my biggest recommendation. If you prefer, Sepultura have a cover of it, but the Motorhead one is better I think.)

Puddle of Mudd - "Famous"

Rob Zombie - "Iron Head" or "Superbeast"

Saliva - "King of the Stereo"

Skid Row - "Slave to the Grind"

Soil - "Pride"

"Woman" - Wolfmother (may not care for the lyrics as to what you're going with, but the riff is great)

"Sharp Dressed Man" - ZZ Top

"Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)" - Kid Rock/Nickelback (yes, Elton John cover)

"Word Up" - Korn (it's a classic gone rock-ish, so people will recognize it)

"Hollywood" - Nickelback

"Anyway You Want It" - Rise Against (Journey cover)

"Superunknown" - Soundgarden

"Sex Type Thing" - Stone Temple Pilots

"She Sells Santcuary" - The Cult

"When You Were Young" - The Killers

"Cochise" - Audioslave

Some of those songs would probably be needed to be edited for effect, for example, "Anyway You Want It" has 12 seconds of radio noise at the beginning.

And if you're gonna to the Undertaker/Hogan 10 minute long entrance routine, then go with Lynard Skynard's "Free Bird"... man that'd piss people off :pervert:

Edited by TheModernWay