EWB's Top 50 Televison Characters

Ace

So I’m slack. Sue Me. I’ll make it upto you by posting two sets of 5 in two days. Sound good?

DelBoy.jpg

29. Derek ‘Del Boy’ Trotter (Only Fools and Horses)

Del Boy: We got lost in the middle of the North Sea. Luckily we spotted the Zeebrugge to Hull ferry and we followed it.

Abdul: And that's how you got to Hull?

Del Boy: No. that's how we got to Zeebrugge. It was going the wrong bloody way.

cooper.jpg

28. Special Agent Dale Cooper (Twin Peaks)

FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper: There's over ten thousand dollars here. That's a lot of Girl Scout cookies.
Edited by --The Golden Ace--

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DALE FUCKING COOPER. End the list now, it doesn't get better than that. I didn't think he'd make the list at all, he's easily one of my favourite television characters ever, easily the best American television character, and I'm fairly sure he was number one on my list.

Kirk's great too, no complaints there. Del Boy's meh, I'm not a fan of the show, but it's hardly suprising he's there, Joey's a creepy borderline rapist in a show I don't enjoy, and I don't know who the other fella is.

And as promised, your next set of 5 chars within 24 hours of each other. See? I’m not always lazy.

However I did make a slight mistake. I missed Larry David while I was doing the last set. Larry actually placed 29th.

ld.jpg

24 (29). Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm)

You know who wear sunglasses inside? Blind people and assholes

JoshHolloway.jpg

23. James ‘Sawyer’ Ford (LOST)

"You've been waiting for this, haven't you? Now you get to be a hero again, 'cause that's what you do. You fix everything up all nice. (to Kate) Time to let go Freckles. We already made out. What else I got to live for? Hey, Jack, there's something you should know. If the tables were turned...I'd watch you die."
Edited by --The Golden Ace--

Larry David and Gene Hunt are both absolute legends, I'm liking this list a lot more than I ever thought I would. I'm not a Buffy fan, but Spike in the later episodes he was in, when he went from uber-evil to a bit of a lovable nuisance, was awesome, and second only to Giles in terms of brilliant characters in that series, so even he I'm not too fussed with being up there. Angel's a douche, though. Never liked Lost, so don't know who the other fella is.

Yay, I'm glad that Sawyer made it. Hopefully we get another LOST character later on (Locke), but Sawyer is pretty good. He's just fun to watch. He's the typical anti-hero, he makes fun of everyone and he claims to be all for himself, but he's really got a good heart in him.

• 1 month later...

And just when you think this is dead, I BRING IT BACK!!!

hiro.jpg

19. Hiro Nakamura (Heroes)

Hiro Nakamura: Every ten year old wishes he had super powers. And I get them. Me of all people. Last in my class. Last on the sports field. I'm not a loser anymore.

---

Ando Masahashi: You came back for me.

Hiro Nakamura: This is how we roll.

george_costanza.jpg

18. George Costanza (Seinfield)

George Costanza: Your boyfriend reads the Daily Worker? What is he? A communist?

Elaine Marie Benes: He reads everything, you know, Ned's very well read.

George Costanza: Maybe he's just very well red?

---

George Costanza: She calls me up at my office, she says, "We have to talk."

Jerry: Uh, the four worst words in the English language.

George Costanza: That, or "Whose bra is this?"

Jerry: [wincing and nodding] That is worse.

Edited by ---The Flying Ace---

Hiro at #19 makes me sick. He deserves so much better.

JD at #15 would be good if the rest of the list wasn't so suspect. Judging by the quality of the other people on here, he should probably be in the top 10 or something. But yeah, I'm glad most of the Scrubs characters I voted for haven't came up yet, and I can't be bothered to check back but I don't think House has either? If he's in the top 5 this automatically becomes the best list ever, regardless of everybody else.

Never got into Heroes, but Hiro seems like a likeable little stereotype.

Can't stand Seinfeld.

Don't know what Rescue Me is.

Scrubs can be good from time to time, the first series was delightful, and he's named after an Oscar Wilde character, and fairly consistently entertaining, so JD will suffice. Not the best list yet, by any means.