EWB's Top 50 Televison Characters

Ace

EWB TOP 50 TV CHARACTERS!!!

The polls are closed, the points tallied, and the positions settled. The MINIMUM points required for acceptance into the Top 50 was 14 points and the winner earnt himself into the triple figures. The first 5 will be up soon, and it’s a mainly dominated by some animated characters. For now, let the speculation begin. The first 5 will be posted just as soon as I find pictures and quotes to match them.

Thankyou to everyone who voted it is appreciated

Edited by Michael Myers

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay we go.

bios_family_bart.gif

50. Bart Simpson (The Simpsons)

Marge Simpson: Despite everything, I miss your father.

Bart Simpson: Me too... his big fat ass could shield us all.

StephenColbert6.jpg

49. Stephen Colbert (The Colbert Report)

I just re-did my resume and if anyone asks, I've been doing this show for 30 years... This is The Colbert Report!

... well. I suppose I should be glad that two Family Guy characters are out of the way already, even if one of them is the only one I can actually stand.

Also, Stewie over Bart and Colbert (who I completely forgot about due to not realizing that he counts as a character) is death.

Bart Simpson....eh...I was never even too fussed about him when I used to watch The Simpsons regularly, there's only so far you can take the "bratty kid with a heart of gold" character...that said, just by virtue of cultural impact, he should be much higher, even if he's not the best character in his family, let alone his show.

Stephen Colbert isn't a character.

I'm not entirely sure who Randy Marsh is, I don't watch much South Park at all.

Stewie. Yawn. Yes, we get it, he's a baby, but he's evil. It got old rather quick.

And I suppose the same could be said of Brian, but fuck it, he's one of the few Family Guy characters that's still consistently entertaining, so I'm glad he beat Stewie at least.

Four cartoon characters, and the only non-animated entry isn't a character and shouldn't be on the list. What does this say about EWB? :shifty:

Dale Cooper ain't gonna make the list, so I'm not going to enjoy it.

Random murmurings:

Colbert most definately is a character.(He also should've beat Stewie)

Surely I'm not the only one that thinks Stewie is the worst character on Family Guy?

Randy should be higher(Id say top 10 personally but top 15 would suffice

That is all for now.

Edited by Boogey131

My love for Family Guy has taken a dive in the last year or so. Series 1 was brilliant, 2 and 3 have their strong moments and their piss-weak moments, and I've not cared enough to watch more than a few episodes from anything since, but what's with the Stewie hate? He started off pretty dire in the series, a one joke pony with nothing too brilliant, but his stints in series 2 and 3 are brilliant, and he's definitely part of some of the stand-out moments in those two series.

That said, however, its good that Brian's ahead of him, as Brian really is the best character in the Family Guy lot by far, and altho it's pretty inevitable, I wouldn't want to see Peter ahead of him. Peter's funny, but he really is just an even more dumbed down Homer with a few good/great weird moments (his inability to remove the giant Mexican hat in the early series remains one of my favourite Family Guy moments). If we're gonna see any more Family Guy'ers, I'm pulling for Tom and Diane (together, not apart, altho I don't think that'd happen), Adam West, Jonathon Weed and maybe even Death.

I agree with Skummy on Bart, altho I do think he is a great character, and should definitely be higher. Homer's gonna get a high ranking for sure (he should do at least), and as for the rest of the Simpsons cannon, here's pulling for Quimby, Moleman, Ralph and Kent Brockman (what is it with cartoons and awesome news reporters?).

Not familiar with the South Park character at all, I just plain dislike that show.

And I don't really know enough of Colbert to judge him.

But again, like the top 50 bands thing going on right now as well, I didn't vote, so I can't really complain about who's landed where. But here's pulling for some It's Always Sunny, Arrested Development and Sopranos characters. I'll be dead pissed if we don't see Christopher, Paulie and Silvio from Sopranos getting a high ranking.

I'd consider Stephen Colbert a comedian rather than a character, though...although I suppose I'd count Larry David in CBE as a character, so maybe it's not that simple. Hmm...I suppose it's the nature of the show that doesn't make me think "character" when I think of Colbert.

Edited by Maximillian Von Rocketlegs

Guest Psyence

I hope this is the end of the Family Guy characters, the only other possible entrant could be Peter and I agree with whoever said Peter is just a dumbed-down version of Homer, the jokes are a whole lot more obvious and while Homer has a sympathetic and likeable edge, Peter is just an annoying arsehole and I don't understand how in any way that makes him the best Family Guy character.

But here's pulling for some It's Always Sunny

I think I was the only one who voted for any of the Always Sunny characters. I voted for Charlie Day, and placed him in the bottom five so I don't think he has a chance at making this list, sadly.

Apologies to all for delay. Don’t expect quick updates as I’ve spent 3 of the past 4 days in hospital and its not looking like getting any better. If you really need details ask away, but the answers won’t be pretty.

petergriffin.png

45. Peter Griffin (Family Guy)

Hey, excuse me, is your refrigerator running, because if it is, it probably runs like you... *very* homosexually.

Alanpartridge.jpg

44. Alan Partridge (I’m Alan Partridge)

No. No! No! No! Stop getting Bond wrong! I'll tell you about "The Spy Who Loved Me". All do that with your fingers round your eye. I am Roger Moore. Bang! Blood dribbles down. We're on a submarine. Two sailors sit down and have a game of chess. Then the cups start wobbling and then a man who used to be in "The Onedin Line" comes in and goes, "Why are the cups wobbling? What's going on?" And then... yeah, you can stop doing that now. And then he peers down the periscope thing and looks through it and goes, "Oh my God. The submarine's being eaten by a a giant tanker." And then we cut to Moscow. And there's a man there and he's Russian - he's got eyebrows, you know - and he's on the phone going, "What, a whole submarine? You're joking! I'm gonna have to tell some other Russians. See ya!" Right, and then, and then, it cuts to James - Roger Moore - and er, yes, he's with a lady. Yeah. Yeah. He's, he's necking with her. And he goes, "I've got to go, love. Something's come up."

Peter isn't a good character, in my opinion, he's got no real personality other than being stupid, he's just a vehicle for ZANY COMEDY. Family Guy isn't all bad, but characterisation isn't exactly it's strong point. But, yeah, at least he's out of the way. That said, you did possibly choose the finest Peter Griffin quote.

Alan Partridge is an incredible character, everything from On The Hour and The Day Today, through to I'm Alan Partridge was brilliant. I'd love to have seen him much higher, as he's quite possibly the finest British comedy character of the last twenty years. Definitely up there.

Zapp Brannigan is, like all Groening minor characters, a somewhat one-dimensional character for the most part, but never outstays his welcome to the extent of becoming a worn-out joke and, as such, remains fucking excellent throughout Futurama, and one of the many high points of the show. Not a bad word to say about him.

I completely forgot about M*A*S*H when I was making my list, but I haven't a single complaint about Hawkeye making the list...great character, fucking incredible show...I prefer the movie, but even so, it was, especially early one, of the better American sitcoms, and Hawkeye was one of the stronger characters.

I find it nigh-on impossible to get into any TV series, especially long-running American ones, and as such The Sopranos has never held my interest, so I've no idea whether he deserves his place or not.