MLB Hot Stove

sahyder1

Jays resign Matt Stairs to a 2 year, 3.25 million dollar deal. I was really hoping that they wouldn't go stir crazy and offer him something unreasonable, but since this is technically a below average MLB contract (I believe the average player salary in 2006 was 2.6 million) offered to a guy who hit 21 home runs with a .289 BA last year I like it.

Oh, and Riciardi recently clarified that the Jays won't in fact be joining the A-Rod sweepstakes. Shocking, that. :shifty:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Onkel Hans

The latter, although they could end up doing the same thing they did this year in signing a bunch of borderline decent SPs in the home someone becomes the next Chris Michalak.

Are the Blue Jays looking at anyone this off-season, or are they just hoping for people to play better and injuries to stay away?

I wouldn't expect anything major from the Jays. If the pitching is anywhere close to what it was last year and the offense comes back up to par they'll be a significantly better team. Ryan coming back alone should be a huge boost.

I've heard they might be in the market for some help at SS. That's the only move I can really see them making. Don't fuck with what works pitching wise, and you just gotta hope those well-paid bats come back.

Edited by GoodGodWhatABeatnik

Anywhere but Boston.

If A-Rod goes to the Red Sox, I'm looking for a NL team to root for until he leaves Boston.

Edited by Hellfire

Anywhere but Boston.

If A-Rod goes to the Red Sox, I'm looking for a NL team to root for until he leaves Boston.

Exactly. I'm hoping that the Red Sox management just does the smart thing and resign Lowell for 2-3 years. The last thing I want to see is A-Rod folding just like he does every year in the playoffs. Hopefully he goes to Cali, bats .350 and hits 45 home runs during the season then collapses in October.

Also, I just read that A-Rod wants $350 Million. Are you fucking kidding me?

Edited by sahyder1

• 2 weeks later...

(AP) - Baseball superstar Barry Bonds has been indicted on perjury and obstruction of justice charges.

The action comes after a four-year federal probe into whether the former Giants slugger lied under oath to a grand jury investigating steroid use by elite athletes.

The indictment comes three months after the 43-year-old Bonds passed Hank Aaron to become baseball's career home run leader.

(AP) - Baseball superstar Barry Bonds has been indicted on perjury and obstruction of justice charges.

The action comes after a four-year federal probe into whether the former Giants slugger lied under oath to a grand jury investigating steroid use by elite athletes.

The indictment comes three months after the 43-year-old Bonds passed Hank Aaron to become baseball's career home run leader.

I guess the chase for 3,000 hits ends now. What kind of society do we live in when a guy ends up getting hit with federal charges for using "flaxseed oil"? :shifty:

Guest starsaligned916

Lowell to the Red Sox for three-years, $12.5-per. Not a bad deal at all.

I guess the Twins are interested in Coco Crisp. I don't see the Sox putting together a Crisp/Lester/Masterson or Bowden package for Santana, so maybe for a reliever?