RESULTS: EWB's Top 50 Movies

The Hardcore Canuck

American Histoy X - excellent.

Fight Club - excellent.

Pulp Fiction - everything surrounding Butch is excellent.

Goodfellas - I'm the only person in the world who isn't bothered.

The Departed - I'm elitist so prefer Infernal Affairs by a long way.

Nice work on the list. To the point, completed in a decent time frame and always there to get discussion going!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in all this was a pretty good list. I'm reserving judgment on Fight Club until after I see more than the first ten minutes, but I like everything else in the top five a lot and there are only a couple of things in the list itself that I really wasn't big on (Superbad at #10, Snakes on a Plane at #15). So, y'know. Thumbs up, and all that.

Good list all in all, but I have to add, just like Hammy, I prefer Infernal Affairs to The Departed. Its understated nature works much better than the remake, but I can understand why The Departed got in there. Good remake, just not an amazing film by any stretch, in my opinion.

• 4 months later...

I've seen worse lists, but anyone who lists American History X as a favorite movie is either someone I don't want to talk to (for one reason or another) or was just mesmerized by Edward Norton's sexiness. It's a great performance, but the film is a mess that the director lost control of, and has some of the most contrived, after-school special moments around. God, that basketball scene? Such shit.

Where's the love for Memento or Chinatown? The Big Lebowski and Fargo and the rest of the Coen's amazing body of work?

As soon as I saw Heat and Godfather so low. I knew Pulp Fiction would take it. It's like a household name, like Pepsi. Anyways, It was a good list a lot of questions in the middle but next year should clear it all up... and I can't wait to see Superbad fall from grace.

Seriously...

first time you see it. It's fucking funny.

second time, a little chuckle now and then.

third time, not funny.

(all these viewings do not apply if you're stoned or drunk.)