The BEST Song

Benji

I agree with those first three and Hurt by Johnny Cash. How about something more recent though. What about Champagne Supernova by Oasis?

... but "Hurt" was released like five years ago and "Champagne Supernova" was released a decade ago.

• Like 1

Shortlist for me.

"Yesterday" by The Beatles

"Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson

"Sweet Child Of Mine" by Guns N' Roses

"Born in the USA" by Bruce Springsteen

"Saving All My Love" by Whitney Houston

"Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

"One" by U2

"Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash

Either Queen or Beatles take it for me, I think.

Once In A Lifetime is only right when performed by The Exies. It's a load of bollocks when the Talking Heads sing it. Oh well, that's my opinion.

Sort of back on topic, best song ever? Probably something by Alter Bridge :shifty:

...Going with some that's already been mentioned, We Are The Champions and Hey Jude are good un's.

Anyone who prefers The Exies to Talking Heads doesn't deserve to listen to music.

But if we're talking most recognisable, well-known, and oft-cited song (none of which equate to "best", as I don't especially even like any of the songs I'm about to list), then really it comes down to being between Queen, Elvis or The Beatles, in which case it's either "We Are The Champions" or "Bohemian Rhapsody", either "Hound Dog", "Heartbreak Hotel" or "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You", or "Hey Jude" or "Yesterday".

Smells Like Teen Spirit isn't even the best song from Seattle in the early 90s...

Rooster by Alice in Chains.

Oh, and since no one is going to agree with me, but its my favorite country song, and to be a country song I actually like it has to be pretty god-damn good... Rodeo by Garth Brooks.