Mass Effect (XBOX 360)

Reddaye

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You’re confusing street dates and ship dates. Ship dates mean that the game is sent to the airport on the ship date, then flown around the country, where it is picked up on the following day by UPS or Fed Ex. This is normal for the majority of games. Games with Street Dates however (like Halo 3 and GH3) are shipped a week prior to release, so that they can have big midnight release parties. Only big games get street dates, like Halo, Rock Band, GTA, Madden etc.

A good way to find out if a game has a street date is to check gamestop.com. They always have a Street Date Delivery Guarantee message for games with a street date (which strangely, they removed the one for ME).

Gamestop’s explanation on ship dates and street dates:

In most cases, this is the day we pick up product from the manufacturer and ship it to your local store. Most pre-order products arrive in our stores the following day, although not all products are expedited. To avoid a wasted trip, always contact your local store to determine availability.
Edited by abundant

Well the trailer had it's debut for the first time last night during GameHead on SpikeTV, I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning to watch the episode (which was largely centered around Mass Effect anyways) and I must say it's very good. Since GameHead seem to post their episodes on Game Trailers anyone who wants to watch the episode can check it out here...

POTENTIAL SPOILERS - WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK

GameHead - Mass Effect

If you don't want to wade through old information and other useless gaming news the trailer has been posted on YouTube. Spoilers are seen throughout.

Mass Effect Official Trailer - YouTube

Since I like to think of this as a buffet of your choice you can watch the bits about Mass Effect on GameHead (interviews, previews, etc) without the other game information:

Mass Effect Part 1

and here...

Mass Effect Part 2

BioWare also told us they plan on putting an extended version of the trailer up on their site on Tuesday (holiday Monday). I'll keep my eyes peeled for that too. A big thanks goes to some of my friends over at the BioWare forums for getting this stuff up on YouTube.

Congrats on getting the game early. As insanely jealous as I am the way I figure it is that I've been waiting since 2005 so another week won't kill me.

I do have a question though. Can you tell me what the button configuration during combat is (ie: left trigger - aim, right trigger - shoot, etc)?

And for the love of God please put spoilers inside their tags. I'm terrified to go anywhere game related on the internet right now because of spoilers. Thanks :)

EDIT:

I just found out that Official XBOX Magazine gave the game a 10/10. Although they're not actually owned by Microsoft you can probably take it for whatever you want. Can't post the actual review because it's about four pages long (and I haven't actually read it myself. The magazine's editor supposedly had this to say about the game in his column:

The experience as a whole - the sense of awe that lasts all game long, and the emotions in your gut as you sit back at the end and just gape - pays off all on its own. Personally, it's the best game I've ever played, but even if you're not a hardcore sci-fi nerd like me, Mass Effect is a transcendent experience, the new standard-setter for what a game can be. You have to play it, and that's why we're kinda jealous of you. Even if you memorized all the previews and trailers, you're still not ready for how awesome this game is.
Edited by Drifter_2000

I'm all confused now about the UK release date, see, I was on play.com and it says in the XBOX360 Coming Soon section Mass Effect and Assassins Creed will be released on the 16th of this month(Friday, which happens to be my payday) and then I click on mass effects page and it says the 23rd. Anybody able to clarify which it is?

I'm guessing it'll be the 23rd. Which makes me a sourly disappointed man.

I went on a fruitless trek through 3 K-Marts. Disappointment. Either way, it was funny seeing boxes of God knows what games construed about the glass cases with a warning not to display them till 11/13/07 and seeing them opened up already.

All praises to Bioware for 2 things now. Mass Effect and the deal with LucasArts. The faster they can get a KOTOR III out the better.

Seriously, I am buying a 360 for this game.... much like I bought an XBOX just to play KOTOR I. The 23rd cannot come soon enough.

At least I get 10% off. Work at Hollywood Video and Game Crazy is their game store. :wub:

I went to Gamestop to buy Assassin's Creed today, and they had Mass Effect cases on the shelf with sale stickers on them. I almost had a heart attack in the store until the lady working the counter told me they were just pre-orders and they put the stickers on so people "will know how much it costs."

Damn them for getting my hopes up.

Congrats on getting the game early. As insanely jealous as I am the way I figure it is that I've been waiting since 2005 so another week won't kill me.

I do have a question though. Can you tell me what the button configuration during combat is (ie: left trigger - aim, right trigger - shoot, etc)?

Edited by Riceman 4K