Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Baddar

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh. As a game, by itself, it's not terrible. The story mode is bland, boring, repetitive and 'bitty', but it's not a bad racing game once you get down to it. The car tuning and stuff is nice. But it's too... real. Instead of Most Wanted's awesome police chases and roaming around cities, racing when and where you like, Pro Street is more about circuits and 'real' races. Instead of the urban environment, you're either racing through the desert, in which case the screen is a blur of yellow, or industrialised city areas, when it's a blur of blue.

It's just not as fun as Most Wanted is.

Is this game in the same mould as GTA or The Getaway? Heard some conflicting reviews you see and im a bit torn as to whether to buy it

Well, in The Getaway didn't you have to basically follow the story/missions as they came? This is pretty much the same in the sense that once you see a cutscene, you're onto the mission and you have to follow it. Of course, there's times when you can take your time and walk around etc, but you still have to follow it pretty swiftly ...and there's no killing peds either, I don't think.

In saying that, the game could and would have been much better had it been like Scarface/GTA as far as the roaming side goes. I'd still recommend K&L though.

Is this game in the same mould as GTA or The Getaway? Heard some conflicting reviews you see and im a bit torn as to whether to buy it

There is now a demo on XBL you can try out. I dunno about the PS3 version though since I haven't been able to connect in forever >_>

Played the demo a bit, and for anyone to say this is the spiritual successor to Freedom Fighters didn't play the same game I did.

Freedom Fighter was extremely fun from the pick-up, this game was a pain and bore to play.The controls seem very stiff to me, maybe it's just my dislike for most TPS.