EWB's Top 50 Stand-Ups: Voting Thread

Bigal

Okay, here's something that to the best of my knowledge hasn't been done before on EWB.

Stand-ups, yay!

Anyway, you know the drill, but just in case:

1. You have 10 votes.

2. Number your votes 1-10. 1 will receive 10 points, 10 will receive 1, and so on. Also going with YI's idea of multiplying the points by the number of people who voted (Y)

3. All votes must be made in this thread.

4. Any stand-up is eligible for voting, alive or dead.

7. Any edits, post a reply to let me know about it.

Edited by Biggles The Clown

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be nearly impossible, but nothing ventured.

---

1) RICKY GERVAIS - I can't believe I forgot him first time around because his Politics show is the only thing I've ever watched that made me laugh so hard I wet myself a little.

2) Jethro - I went with some of my relatives because my dad was away with the TA and my mum had an extra ticket. My expectations were pretty low, but I'll be damned if it wasn't good stuff.

3) Mitch Hedberg - I actually feel bad that Mitch isn't first because he's fantastically funny.

4) Chris Rock - The guy's stuff appeals to me, I'm not sure why.

5) Conan O'Brien - The fact he was part of the Simpsons team earns him extra points there

6) Jerry Seinfeld - This is more because of Seinfeld the series than Seinfeld the comedian, but what little I've seen of his act has been good

7) George Carlin - I first watched the guy after seeing his appearance in Dogma, but I haven't seen nearly enough

So, seven. I really should go to more comedy clubs and shit.

Edited by De

1 - Patton Oswalt

2 - David Cross

3 - Mitch Hedberg

4 - Brian Posehn

5 - Dave Chappelle

6 - Jim Gaffigan

7 - Dane Cook

8 - Dave Attell

9 - Gabriel Iglesias

10 - Lewis Black

Yeah, I know I'm missing some pretty big names like George Carlin (who I've never been a huge fan of, sorry), Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy (both of which I enjoy) but there's some different names I want to get on the list. Seriously, if you're not listening to any Patton Oswalt, something is wrong with you.

1. Richard FUCKING Pryor

2. Eddie FUCKING Murphy

3. George Carlin

4. Rodney Dangerfield

5. Chris Rock

6. Eddie Izzard

7. Dane Cook

8. Sam Kinison

9. Ron White Katt MOTHA FUCKIN' Williams

10. George Lopez

Some of these lists are shockingly horrible. Really. I'm going on record now. If lists like these continue, I'm going to rip some shit up when the list comes out.

Edited by DMN

Two number one votes for a ventriloquist is terrifying. And can we negate any votes for Carlos Mencia just like we negated votes for Alter Bridge in the music list? :shifty:

1. George Carlin

2. Richard Pryor

3. Bill Maher

4. Christopher Titus

5. David Cross

6. Lewis Black

7. Chris Rock

8. Rodney Dangerfield

9. Dave Chappelle

10. Katt Williams