EWB's Top 50 Stand-Ups: Voting Thread

Bigal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4) Conan O'Brien - The fact he was part of the Simpsons team earns him extra points there

Conan O'Brien was a stand-up comedian?

1. George Carlin

2. Richard Pryor

3. Lewis Black

4. Eddie Izzard

5. Eddie Murphy

6. Steven Wright

7. Denis Leary

8. Andy Kaufman

9. Dave Chappelle

10. David Cross

Conan O'Brien was a stand-up comedian?

I'd allow him on the list as he does a monologue every night.

But how much of that monologue is written by him and not his team of writers? Not to say that he doesn't write some of it because obviously he is a writer, but I don't really consider stand-up comedy and late night monologues to be the same thing.

I'd personally still allow it because he has a huge hand in the writing process and he's out there five nights a week. He's not necessarily on the same level of Leno since Leno actually still does stand up shows, but I think it's fair to include him. Again, your average comic can go on the road with the same material for YEARS. Conan has to have fresh material every single night.

....wow. Basing this completely off of preference, because if I was asked to do this more objectively...I'd jump off something.

1. Lewis Black

2. Richard Pryor

3. Dave Chappelle

4. Mitch Hedberg

5. Bill Hicks

6. Dave Attell

7. Sam Kinison

8. The Amazing Johnathan

9. Adam Ferrara

10. Nick DiPaolo

Edited by The Midget

1. Richard Pryor

2. George Carlin

3. Mitch Hedberg

4. Steven Wright

5. Jerry Seinfeld

6. Eddie Murphy

7. Lewis Black

8. Jim Gaffigan

9. Zach Galifianakis

10. Daniel Tosh

Thrown together pretty fast, if anything would change it would just be the order.

1. Eddie Izzard

2. Ross Noble

3. Bill Hicks

4. Dave Chappelle

5. Noel Fielding

6. Rob Newman

7. Rich Hall

....I can't really think of anyone else I like. I used to be a real comedy buff, but haven't watched any stand-up stuff in months now, so it was a stretch to come up with that.

I must campaign for more votes for the likes of Dara O'Briain and Omid Djalili! :@ Dara's DVD is at least twice as funny as any other standup DVD I've ever seen - and Omid, well, he's Iran's only standup comic for goodness' sake! That's three more than Germany.

1) Dylan Moran

2) Dara O'Briain

3) Bill Bailey

4) Frankie Boyle

5) Ross Noble

6) Rich Hall

7) Jack Dee

8) Jimmy Carr

9) Richard Pryor

10) Dave Gorman

I would have liked to have put Dylan Moran, since I went to see his last tour (called Like, Totally or whatever it was), but...the fact that I didn't gives an idea as how completely disappointing the experience was. Seeing Monster on TV wasn't great either.

I like to pretend Black Books is the only thing he's ever done, so that I can still think of him as awesome. :(