Dragon Ball: The Movie

figos

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought theyd already done a live action Dragonball movie that Bill Goldberg was in. I never saw it, or any photos about it..but I had heard of it long ago.

No. No.... just no. If Bill Goldberg was in a Dragonball movie at some point in the past, it would have been well documented, covered, and known of on the internet. Trust me. You would have pictures, videos, audio, the works.

Though I have to say, Goldberg would make a damn fine Nappa. If Dragonball gets a sequel with Vegeta as the lead villain, we had damn sure better hear the over 9000 line just to make things that much more spectacularly bad >_>

• 4 months later...

So...now that it's out.....has anyone seen this?

I saw it today and it actually wasn't half bad. Having only seen the Dragon Ball Z series of Dragon Ball and having the memory of a sieve it took me and my friend a while to understand why Bulma was with Yumcha when she is with Vegeta in the series but I've checked up on it since and it all seems to be correct.

My Biggest problem? No Super Saiyan. I understand he never goes to Super Saiyan till Freeza but thats the fucking crux of DB. Take a poetic liberty.

Other than that though. Masters was a great Piccolo, Chatwin was a surprisingly good Goku and I swear the guy playing Yumcha sounded exactly like an anime character.

Really? I thought the movie was shit. It wasn't Dragonball. Chatwin was horrible and what the hell was all the dancing about when controlling your chi, that looked shit. They also changed Goku's backstory - completley. They basically said he was a weapon from Namek, it was...just horrible. Ugh.

I'm caught about this movie. On the one hand, I know it'll be complete shit, an utter bastardization of a bastardized franchise. On the other hand, I have a huge man-crush on James Marsters. There is nothing else making me consider the movie other than to see Marsters as Piccolo. :shifty:

Really? I thought the movie was shit. It wasn't Dragonball. Chatwin was horrible and what the hell was all the dancing about when controlling your chi, that looked shit. They also changed Goku's backstory - completley. They basically said he was a weapon from Namek, it was...just horrible. Ugh.

Well I never said it was astounding. I'm also one of those people that unless they do something absolutely detrimental to the storyline like create random characters or make Goku a girl then i won't really mind it.

And the dancing thing kinda made sense, at least when you could see the energy flowing. It looked like a proper martial art where they would have to move around to power it up.

I'll probably give it a rent when it comes out, I'm interested but not enough to go to the cinema to see it. But I hope it does well enough to get a sequel with the Goku/Vegeta battle in it. Which they hopefully won't ruin.

And Inquisition - Bulma was with Yamcha at the start of Dragonball Z too. IIRC she only got with Vegeta in the 3 year (or so) gap in the Android saga, which led to Trunks being born.

I thought it was a fairly good movie. The acting wasn't the best and they did change Goku's back story, but it wasn't something so bad that you couldn't get behind it. They did stick true to Dragonball/Z's realism with the random camera pans, one fight for the whole episode, and some of the general corniness of the show, lol.

Good watch, imo, not great, but good.