Dragon Ball: The Movie

figos

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it called Dragon Ball: The Movie when it will clearly be Dragon Ball Z? Chatman is way too old to play "Kid Goku."

Given that Piccolo's apparently the antagonist, I assume they're doing the very final arc of DB where Goku's in his teens and through the magic of Toriyama not actually being very good at drawing teenage boys he actually looks twentysomething. But then, they're also referencing the Saiya-jin thing with Goku being sent to earth, which wasn't introduced until DBZ, so I dunno.

This is going to be the best trainwreck ever. I guarantee it.

Yeah, really. I look forward to going to it at some point in time where nobody will be there and just laughing my ass off at the whole spectacle.

• 3 weeks later...

jamiechung.jpgjamie_5.jpg

Jamie Chung has joined Justin Chatwin and James Marsters in Fox's Dragon Ball Z, the live-action adaptation of the popular Japanese comic.

James Wong is directing the science fiction action-adventure, which centers on an adult humanoid alien named Goku (Chatwin) who, after discovering he was sent to Earth to destroy the population, tries to fulfill the wish of his dying grandfather and collect all seven of the world's mystical Dragon Balls to keep them out of the hands of the evil aliens.

Chung will play Chi Chi, the love interest of Goku when he's growing up.

Marsters ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") plays the evil Piccolo, who tries to take over the world.

Hopefully she can get ChiChi's attitude across well, at least.

Lord this is going to be so hilarious. If this does well enough to warrant a sequel, I honestly can't help but wonder just who the hell will snag Vegeta's role.

DRAGON BALL: THE MOVIE II

STARRING: MEL BROOKS AS VEGETA

DRAGON BALL: THE MOVIE III

STARRING: JACK BLACK AS TRUNKS

• 2 weeks later...

Emmy Rossum has joined the cast of 20th Century Fox's live-action adaptation of the popular manga Dragon Ball Z.

"Heroes" actress Eriko Tamura, who plays Mai, and newcomer Joon Park (upcoming Speed Racer), who plays bad boy Yamcha, are also coming aboard the film.

Rossum, who starred in Poseidon, The Phantom of the Opera and The Day After Tomorrow, joins a cast that includes Justin Chatwin, James Marsters and Jamie Chung.

The sci-fi adventure is being directed by James Wong. Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer) is producing.

• 4 months later...