Dragon Ball: The Movie

figos

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god. That... that completely exceeded all of my expectations in terms of how bad it will be. I'm almost excited.

As an aside, I've heard awful, awful rumors that there's a Cowboy Bebop live action movie in the works... please tell me these are just rumors and nothing more?

Starring Keanu Reeves as Spike. :)

:crying:

Oh my god. That... that completely exceeded all of my expectations in terms of how bad it will be. I'm almost excited.

As an aside, I've heard awful, awful rumors that there's a Cowboy Bebop live action movie in the works... please tell me these are just rumors and nothing more?

Starring Keanu Reeves as Spike. :)

:crying:

Please say it isn't so, GoGo, please tell me this is all just a bad dream :(

WHY IS HOLLYWOOD RAPING MY CHILDHOOD?! :crying:

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I showed that to Ruki a couple weeks back and he quite correctly surmised that Goku looks like what would happen if a lizard had sex with a rock (revel in this, Ruki, for I imagine this will be the only time I ever admit you said something funny).

Yeah, I showed that to Ruki a couple weeks back and he quite correctly surmised that Goku looks like what would happen if a lizard had sex with a rock (revel in this, Ruki, for I imagine this will be the only time I ever admit you said something funny).

*revels in it*

• 4 weeks later...

New trailer definatley makes the film seem a little more hopefull. I've got a feeling we'll all be slightly suprised considering how low expectations are. I'll mainly be watching it simple for more James Masters and due to Dragonball Z being one of my childhood loves. :wub: Though, is there any word on what the storyline will actually be? So far I've got that the nameks invaded (weren't they all nice and stuff in the series though?) so some old men made the Dragonballs. For some reason, Goku is the chosen one and Bulma is packing some heat? Also, this film clearly needs more Krillin. :)

Edited by TKz

The movie will flop at box offices for one reason

Hannah fucking Montana's movie comes out that weekend

No matter how good this movie will do, Hannah fucking Montana will make waay more money

Because the target demographics of Dragonball and Hannah Montana are so similar.

It's not the only reason but it won't make alot of money because little girls (and it waaaaaay more little girls than us anime fans) will tell their parents that they wanna see Hannah Montana (which I expect to be dragged to thanks to my little sis) then someone will go see this pile of shit they call Dragonball. Hell, GOKU IS WHITE IN THE MOVIE! I could have sworn he was Asian.

It's not the only reason but it won't make alot of money because little girls (and it waaaaaay more little girls than us anime fans) will tell their parents that they wanna see Hannah Montana (which I expect to be dragged to thanks to my little sis) then someone will go see this pile of shit they call Dragonball. Hell, GOKU IS WHITE IN THE MOVIE! I could have sworn he was Asian.

... seriously? You just fucking pointed out why Hannah Montana will barely affect the Dragon Ball movie, little girls aren't the key demographic, little boys and older boys who grew up with it are the target.