Songs About War

Benji

I'm looking for songs along the line of recollections/tales of war, not happy, romantic or upbeat, but the down kind of ones like "Kenji" by Fort Minor. Anyone suggest anyway?

This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but when I saw the thread I immediately thought of Paschendale by Iron Maiden, swiftly followed by One by Metallica. If they are too metally for what you were thinking, then sorry, but I just thought I'd let ya know.

Three posts and nobody's mentioned the Trooper? For shame.

Well, I wasn't sure what he was after. There's a whole boatload of Maiden songs about war.

"Letter Home" by Strung Out (eugh...eugh...eugh. I sodding hate it lyrically, fits the bill pretty perfectly though). It's kind of 'catchy' too, so I'm not sure if it fits.

Now "Lucifermotorcade" by Strung Out is a much more badass, darker war related song. Get that. "Firecracker" is a badass Strung Out war song too. Love the riff far too much.

Iron Maiden - Afraid to Shoot Strangers

Iron Maiden - The Aftermath

Iron Maiden - Fortunes of War

Definitely fits the recollections/tales of war description.

EDIT: oh yeah, and all the dog fight songs like 'Aces High' and 'Tailgunner'.

Edited by lari

Toxic Reasons - Limited Nuclear War

Toxic Reasons - Destroyer

Skeletonwitch - Onward to Battle

No Alternative - Johnny Got His Gun

Minutemen - Viet Nam

Toxic Holocaust - Warfare

Toxic Holocaust - War is Hell

The Weirdos - We Got the Neutron Bomb

The Weirdos - Fort USA

Crucifix - Annihilation

Code of Honor - Stolen Faith

D.R.I. - Stupid, Stupid War

Destroyer 666 - The Eternal Glory of War

Dr. Know - God Told Me To

Fear - Let's Have A War

Kraut - Kill For Cash

Kraut - Army Sport

It seems that most of Bolt Thrower's music is war related. Hell, a lot of thrash metal and punk both dive heavily into war, depending on the bands. Also check out Inepsy who use warfare prominently in their music themes.

Also, there's probably half a dozen different bands that performed a song titled "World War 3". There are many different renditions, and off the top of my head I can say that D.O.A., The Nuns, and UK Subs performed their own version.