The "Favorite comedic moments no one else laughs at" thread.

Ash J. Williams

Well, it's not one that "no one" else finds funny, I think it's just mainly me and my friends that find it funnier than everyone else.

On the Simpsons, the one with the immagration laws and Apu is going to get deported. You have the worlds best and largest police force standing on a wooden jetty in the docks, and Wiggum is hammering a wooden sign into the planks. Planks give way, both sign and Wiggum drop into water below. You see the sign drift off, and Lou helpfully says "Sign's floating away Cheif". Classic.

Another, on a spin-off type episode, where Skinner and Wiggum are in New Orleans in their own TV show. "Cheif Wiggum PI will return... RIGHT NOW!"

There was one on Lead Balloon with Jack Dee the other day too. It was about some guy being petty, and Jack Dee's character is a struggling comedian, and every now and then, you see an open book which he writes in, but its more of a transitional piece between scenes. Anyway, the joke was "I hate people who are petty - I keep a list of them." I just find that cleverly amusing.

Edited by TheModernWay

Watching Hot Fuzz at the cinema there was a line in the pub about a teacher/student relationship or something. Pretty base and vulgar and dirty.

For some reason I exploded into an audible guffaw. No-one else laughed, my wife shrank away in horror and the people in front looked around at me, frowning.

I remember there being a line in an episode of the Simpsons that I still think is one of my favourites that NOBODY gets. It's in 30 Minutes Over Tokyo, when Marge tries to stop Homer sulking wih "You liked Rashomon", to which Homer replies "That's not how I remember it." The only way you'll get it is if you've seen Rashomon.

Another couple I remember is when I saw "Norbit" (UGH) in the theater...when they said the female's name was "Rasputia", I lost it...no one else did. And I probably looked like an asshole.

Also, from Norbit, when Mr. Wong says "Mr. Wong VERY racist!", my friends and I were dying and no one laughed.

Also the American theatrical release of "The Protector" is the funniest movie EVER made. They cut out around 20 minutes and the movie made no sense whatsoever.

I remember there being a line in an episode of the Simpsons that I still think is one of my favourites that NOBODY gets. It's in 30 Minutes Over Tokyo, when Marge tries to stop Homer sulking wih "You liked Rashomon", to which Homer replies "That's not how I remember it." The only way you'll get it is if you've seen Rashomon.

Also the American theatrical release of "The Protector" is the funniest movie EVER made. They cut out around 20 minutes and the movie made no sense whatsoever.

True dat. I give one of my roommates flack because when we went to see it, he came out of it complaining about the plot. I come from the school of "Dude, he spends the entire movie breaking bones and kneeing people in the face. Who cares about plot?" but I can kinda understand as The Protector did kinda have a haphazard plot (and the international cut wasn't much better).

But seriously, my friends and I busted out laughing for a few minutes when the strong man threw the baby elephant across the room just because it came out of nowhere and it looked so damn fake. I did that at a movie night a few weeks ago and got yelled at by this hot chick for "not being sensitive to animals". But she was practically fingering herself when Tony Jaa was fighting the Capoeira dude in the temple so I doubt I would've had a chance with her anyway. Also, the fact that the final line of the movie is something like "Can you confirm reports of a Thai man in a red scarf and a baby elephant walking around the city?" always gets a laugh from me.

Edited by Ash J. Williams

I went to see the film Stardust with the girlfriend (which I thought would be a gay film) but it's a film that could be overlooked by many and is yet very funny, the unicorn ramming the goat and sending it flying across the room just made me crack up so much, alot more that is should do.

Also the film Superbad, I laughed so much during that film, just the entire film is immensly funny

When I went to watch The Bee Movie with a group of my friends. At the scene where Ray Liotta is testifying in court, and Barry says, "You're not a Goodfella, you're a badfella". It was a very bad pun I know, but the way Seinfeld said it had me cracking up for minutes. I think one of my other friends got the joke. Sadly, no one else.

"You have to be careful Stanley! Beware of Drive B"

"The Drive Bee?"

"Yes, any error you make with it could be fatal!"

"I knew it, my life may already be in danger!"

* A bee flies in the car and lands on the dashboard *

"Silly bee, can't you see I'm trying to drive here?"

* 2 second pause *

"OH MY GOD THE DRIVE BEE!"

* Pulls car over and jumps out *

"Fight! Fight for your life Stanley!"

* The bee lands on the hood of the car, Stanley takes off his shoe *

"And now the hunter, becomes the hunted!"

* Stanley smashes the bee with his shoe, this is exactly the same second that the bomb on the car explodes *

"There's no way he could have survived that blast."

* The smoke clears. Stanley is seen standing with a shoe in his hand, and his car vaporized except for a fraction of the hood of the car. Stanley is covered in ash *

* Looks at his shoe * "Now that's a well made shoe!"

Seriously, the most underrated comedy of all time.

I am not sure that everyone else doesnt laugh at this, but no one else around me ever does when it comes on... and I for sure laugh my ass entirely off. In the Simpsons episode where Sideshow Bob is trying to kill Bart and the family moves, Bob is strapped to the bottom of the car... and when Homer asks if the kids want to drive through the cactus patch, Lisa and Bart yell "YEAH!" at the same time, and then you can hear Bob groaning "No!" to which Homer replies. "Oh well, two against one." which just makes me lose it everytime. Come to think of it, that episode is rather stacked.

"Oh my god! Dad's been drugged!"

"No he hasn't."

"HeyBart,youwannaseemynewchainsawandhockeymask?"

"...I'm cold and there are wolves after me."

Also from the Simpsons

Lisa: I was just looking at Nelson..

Class: Lisa likes Nelson!

Milhouse: She does not!

Class: Milhouse likes Lisa!

Jaynie: He does not

Class: Jaynie likes Milhouse!

Utter: She does not!