Download Festival 2008

Nerf

We couldn't decide between Biffy or Ace Frehley either <_<

Black Tide / CC / I reckon Testament will be finished by the time Offspring starts, so potentially both.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only wanna see Zebrahead cuz they have a few proper wkd songs, but Black Tide do sound awesome from their MySpace. I really wanna see Lostprophets but I'm too proud to admit it, so I'll need to think about that a bit. And yeah, Biffy or Ace too.

Vacuum cleaner? I dunno about yours but the one I have you can reverse it so it blows air out. Just make sure to empty it out before you do that. I learned that the hard way once already >_>

Also Monster have just been added as sponsors.

Monster Energy is putting on the meanest, most extreme show at this year's Download festival, with an offering that includes some of the world's best action sports athletes in the Monster Battlefield, a truly frightening Ball of Steel and the Monster Army Camp.

Monster's festival presence will be like nothing ever seen before, as it invites a host of FMX, skate and BMX stars into its Monster Battlefield area, to spend the day pulling awesome tricks in-front of festival-goers.

One of the main highlights of the action sports area is the Ball of steel, a spherical cage containing three motorbike riders with a death wish. They tear around the inside of the ball, missing each other by inches in a feat that really does appear to defy gravity... and common sense!

As the night time starts to kick in, the Monster Army Camp will be the driving force behind the after-party, cranking out tunes with top DJs, plus a few surprises, from 10.30pm until the early hours in the campsite.

Which is lame, because Monster tastes like arse, even if it's free.

They sponsored the last festival I want to, and there were free cans galore, but it's gross.

Should have gotten relentless in >_<

Also...

This year, alongside the three stages of non-stop music, the Download Festival will be offering a fantastic selection of comedy acts, organised by Download and in association with Funhouse Comedy Club! Set to take to the stage in the Campsite Entertainment Tent from 10pm Wednesday 11 June and running up to Saturday night will be the satirical Ivan Brackenbury's 'Hospital Radio' Roadshow, with Chris Lynam, Duncan Oakley (pictured), Jason John Whitehead, plus Gary Delaney, Rob And Skatz, Jason Rouse, Andrew O'Neill, Ian Cognito, Greg Cook, Sully O'Sullivan, and Lou Saffire. The Campsite Entertainment Tent will be used later during the evenings to host burlesque performers, Guitar Hero, and new for 2008 – Silent Discos!

Yes. Oh yes.

More on Silent Disco

Thousands of Download festival-goers will be able to experience the phenomenon that is the Silent Disco at this year's event, courtesy of SilentArena (www.silentarena.com). Two separate music channels of music will be available to flip between at the UK's largest alternative silent disco – mere spectators will be treated to the sight of a crowd apparently rocking out in silence! The Silent Discos will take place once the bands have finished in the Campsite Entertainment Tent.

You know I'm being sarcastic right? Why and how would I take a vacuum cleaner to a festival? >_<

Fine. Blow it up by mouth then. :angry:

Edited by Partly Cloudy

w00t my tickets came yesterday.

Oh, and Firewind have actually been confirmed now. Third on the third stage, first day. Pretty neat.

Apparently there's a Camp Sleaze at Download for all the little glammers that will be partying 24 hours a day.

GAZZ LET US GO.

Absolutely not, I won't be able to breath for hairspray, plus it's a fire hazard.

And Keith, an inflatable bed? for shame. :angry:

Apparently there's a Camp Sleaze at Download for all the little glammers that will be partying 24 hours a day.

GAZZ LET US GO.

Absolutely not, I won't be able to breath for hairspray, plus it's a fire hazard.

And Keith, an inflatable bed? for shame. :angry:

Fuck you, I'm going! It's my calling :shifty: