Download Festival 2008

Nerf

Alright, yeah; so we're ages off yet - but there's just a month or two before headliners, bands, and tickets are slowly announced. I thought I'd make a topic seeing as I'm too lazy to register at the Download forums about the rumours of bands, who you'd like to see, and who you think will play this year. Basically, the main rumour I've heard for headliners is Muse/Foo Fighters/ACDC. The latter two I'd love to see, even if the Foos would get ripped to shreds. Here's a list of bands I think may play/who I'd like to see this year - completely estimated, so kind of pointless. <_<

Friday

Main Stage:

Eagles of Death Metal

Biffy Clyro

Foo Fighters (H)

Second Stage:

Gallows

Third Stage:

Mars Volta

Wild Youth

Saturday

Main Stage:

Bullet For My Valentine

Paramore

Metallica (H)

Second Stage:

Thrice

Pendulum

Bring Me The Horizon

Enter Shikari

Def Leppard

Third Stage:

Municipal Waste

Sunday

Main Stage:

AC/DC (H)

Second Stage:

Job For A Cowboy

Anti-Flag

Rancid

Third Stage:

Hardcore Superstar

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, there seemed to be a fair bit of backlash aimed towards Muse & The Foos when that rumour was first released. There is still the odd complaint on the forums about how the Foo Fighters don't belong at Download, despite not being confirmed or denied for the show.

I dunno, they still seem the kinda band that people would rather not see, than actively abuse. Also, the Foos seem to be liked by some metal fans, so they'd still get a big audience.

As for Download this year, I'd love to go, but I don't think my girlfriend does tents or fields >_>

Nah, Foos would be fine, they get a fair amount of coverage in Kerrang. I'd like to see them, as long as they were banned from playing the stuff from the past two or three albums (not including the latest one).

08 would mark my fifth straight Download appearance (I only missed the first one cause I couldn't get a lift to Donnington, absurd given I lived about 40 minutes away). Course, as every year, it depends on the lineup, but I've not seen a bad festival yet.

I'm there, regardless of line up, especially this year as the sunday is my birthday! :D

Everyone loves the Foos, Dave Grohl is the nicest man who's ever lived, ever.

EWB meet up? Though, this time, remember to charge your phones...

Billy Talent have done the last two. And I don't need a phone to meet up with Summers, we just bump into each other. Done it two or three times now, both went to see Coheed and FFAF, caught him on the way to the stage for Coheed, and bumped into him in the pit for Funeral, where we beat up 14 year olds together B-).

Billy Talent have done the last two. And I don't need a phone to meet up with Summers, we just bump into each other. Done it two or three times now, both went to see Coheed and FFAF, caught him on the way to the stage for Coheed, and bumped into him in the pit for Funeral, where we beat up 14 year olds together B-).

Poor Nerfy :(

:shifty:

Poor Nerfy :(

:shifty:

His revenge is coming, that's why he's started working out