Download Festival 2008

Nerf

Announcement at 7 tonight should be a big one.

I'm hoping for some 'heed, Enter Shikari, FFAF and 30 Seconds to Mars.

Though getting all of them is unlikely and would probably cause the metalheads to destroy donnington park.

Edited by Dan

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst. Headliners. Ever.

Other than The Offspring and Rise Against, I've very little interest so far, which is a shame because I've enjoyed going to the last few, but if the lineup doesn't vastly improve, it's going to be hard to justify the £150+ or whatever obscene amount they're charging this year.

Yeah Dan all those bands would be awful.

In all seriousness though, I'm all for mixing it up and getting different bands in. I'm the opposite of Dan in that the only band announced so far that I like is Judas Priest, and I only know their more well known songs. I am wondering about it this year at the moment, purely because of the lack of metal, but I'm sure as the announcements start coming this will be rectified. I'm just dissapointed that for the second year running there arent any headliners I'm dying to see. A fiver says that Kiss Incubus and FOB get announced later.

EDIT: Or not. Motorhead and the confirmation of Kiss make it look better straight away. I'm sure most of you will be excited by Rise Against as well.

Edited by ravenjuice

I must admit...Rise Against, Motorhead and Lost Prophets has tempted me...especially since the rumours of Rage and Metallica being two of the headliners at Leeds (EUGH...OH MY GOD!!! NOOOOO!!!)

Edited by YI

After much thought, I have decided on:

Yay Rise Against.

Yay KISS.

Yay Judas Priest.

Yay Motorhead (even tho I only saw them two months ago)

Yay Offspring.

Yay Lostprophets.

Yay Alter Bridge.

Meh In Flames.

Meh Disturbed.

Boo HIM.

Boo Incubus.

Disturbed, Alter Bridge, In Flames and Incubus have been confirmed for DL08