BLEEDING THROUGH

DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN

BLACK DAHLIA MURDER

THROWDOWN

A DAY TO REMEMBER

ALESANA

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first time in four years I'll be giving Download a miss. I've seen Prophets, Incubus, HIM, JEW, Alter Bridge and Simple Plan before. I love Jon Davis but I love him for Korn, not his own work. I have no interest in Kiss, Offspring, Priest or anyone except for Disturbed and Kid Rock, and two bands aren't worth my money, especially at such a steep price.

I think I'm gonna roll for Reading instead. Rage Against The Machine are pretty much to be confirmed, with Metallica, A7X and Slipknot as strong rumours (and Dizzee Rascal - a guilty pleasure). But I promised myself that only two bands would sway my vote this year: RATM and AC/DC, and I don't see any Highway To Hell at Download, so it's Reading for me.

This is the first time in four years I'll be giving Download a miss. I've seen Prophets, Incubus, HIM, JEW, Alter Bridge and Simple Plan before. I love Jon Davis but I love him for Korn, not his own work. I have no interest in Kiss, Offspring, Priest or anyone except for Disturbed and Kid Rock, and two bands aren't worth my money, especially at such a steep price.

I think I'm gonna roll for Reading instead. Rage Against The Machine are pretty much to be confirmed, with Metallica, A7X and Slipknot as strong rumours (and Dizzee Rascal - a guilty pleasure).

Oh...Jesus...Christ...if those actually turn out to be the Leeds/Reading headliners...I may just top myself...Rage/Metallica/Slipknot/Sevenfold...yuck...just...yuck.

Edited by YI

bwahha, not in the million years would the headliners be that. No way. If they are I'll just permanently leave the board because that's just... comical.

Not to mention very shit.

The rumoured headliners are Rage, Killers and Metallica. Slipknot and A7X would be under Metallica on the Sunday. Rage are all but confirmed, Metallica are doing summer shows in Europe and The Killers.. are just the biggest rumour next to the Foos, and I just can't see them doing it when they're headlining their own big shows.

Makes sense though, since the headliners have all been confirmed as American.

(Interestingly, according to Efestivals, Slipknot are only rumoured for Reading, whilst Velvet Revolver are also a rumour, although that in itself is something else because apparently VR are close to splitting)

Bare in mind the word I use repetitively though: it's all rumours until later this week.

Edited by TMJ

If RATM, I wouldn't want Metallica too.

I figured

RATM/Metallica

Kanye West

Foo Fighters

would have been the most likely choice. Although I could easily have seen the Killer as well.

If those horribly shit rumours do come true, I'm glad I'm waiting till I'm at Uni before I bother going to a Leeds.

If RATM, I wouldn't want Metallica too.

I figured

RATM/Metallica

Kanye West

Foo Fighters

would have been the most likely choice. Although I could easily have seen the Killer as well.

If those horribly shit rumours do come true, I'm glad I'm waiting till I'm at Uni before I bother going to a Leeds.

Kanye is an interesting choice that I hadn't contemplated. I don't expect it though. I just have thoughts of 50 Cent's attempt at Reading and think they'd veto it.

Plus, Metallica and Rage are doing Rock AM together, so I could see Reading bring them together with QOTSA possibly under Rage (another rumour there for you).

Here's the current rumour list, so as you can see it for yourself:

Main Stage

Friday 22 August

Rage Against The Machine - to be confirmed

Saturday 23 August

The Killers - strong rumour

Bloc Party - strong rumour

Sunday 24 August

Metallica - strong rumour

Slipknot - strong rumour

Serj Tankian - strong rumour

unknown day