The Cribs

Modest Mouse

This Et Al

iLiKETRAiNS

Dizzee Rascal

Foals

Gallows

Set Your Goals

You're right, it is more indie, but Download has the rock market corners so it makes sense to diversify things more, even if I don't like/know half the bands listed there.

-----------------------------------

EDIT: Just found this on a respectable news site:

The names are likely to be revealed in March when tickets go on sale, and names put forward for this year range from Rage Against the Machine, Green Day and Metallica to Snoop Dogg, R.E.M and possibly Aerosmith.

Green Day, I can't see. There has to be at least one indie day, and THAT would be overload since GD are huge right now. Aerosmith... would only play if Metallica don't, but that'd be quite cool. REM are playing other festivals but again, it's stacking the headliners. And is Snoop even allowed in the UK yet?

Hang on, Manics are playing but not headlining? We've pretty much had it confirmed that its an all american main stage headline line-up, but I think I may vomit if the Killers headline over the Manic Street Preachers, especially in their current resurgence. That'll be a packed tent if they're on the second stage, Vines in 2002 all over again.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, stolen from a Reading forum, self-confirmations:

Frank Turner

The Blackout

Laura Marling

Parka

British Sea Power

The Paddingtons

Less Then Jake

Serj Tankian

Blood Red Shoes

The Grit

Goldfinger

Hadouken!

Manic Street Preachers

The Cribs

Modest Mouse

This Et Al

iLiKETRAiNS

Dizzee Rascal

Foals

Gallows

Set Your Goals

You're right, it is more indie, but Download has the rock market corners so it makes sense to diversify things more, even if I don't like/know half the bands listed there.

-----------------------------------

EDIT: Just found this on a respectable news site:

The names are likely to be revealed in March when tickets go on sale, and names put forward for this year range from Rage Against the Machine, Green Day and Metallica to Snoop Dogg, R.E.M and possibly Aerosmith.

Green Day, I can't see. There has to be at least one indie day, and THAT would be overload since GD are huge right now. Aerosmith... would only play if Metallica don't, but that'd be quite cool. REM are playing other festivals but again, it's stacking the headliners. And is Snoop even allowed in the UK yet?

Hang on, Manics are playing but not headlining? We've pretty much had it confirmed that its an all american main stage headline line-up, but I think I may vomit if the Killers headline over the Manic Street Preachers, especially in their current resurgence. That'll be a packed tent if they're on the second stage, Vines in 2002 all over again.

I think the Manics will play under Rage Against The Machine for some reason. There's speculation that Slipknot will play under Metallica, and Bloc Party (puke) will play under The Killers (double puke).

I'm in a state of confusion, Download is my first choice, but it's really soon & I'm poor.

Leeds is looking good on the rumours, but apparently it sells out within hours & I'm poor.

How much do Leeds tickets go up to on ebay?

Do they sell more tickets at a later date?

On the 'strength' of the supposed headliners, I doubt it will sell out within hours this year. I think Metallica and Rage at an indie-heavy (ish) festival will cause an effect like Jay Z at Glastonbury. They will still sell quickly, just not V-Festival 90 minutes quickly.

On the contrary, I think Rage will lead to a huge sell-out. As far as I've seen through friends and all the forums, they're the make-or-break band of the line-up.

I'm in a state of confusion, Download is my first choice, but it's really soon & I'm poor.

Leeds is looking good on the rumours, but apparently it sells out within hours & I'm poor.

How much do Leeds tickets go up to on ebay?

Do they sell more tickets at a later date?

On the 'strength' of the supposed headliners, I doubt it will sell out within hours this year. I think Metallica and Rage at an indie-heavy (ish) festival will cause an effect like Jay Z at Glastonbury. They will still sell quickly, just not V-Festival 90 minutes quickly.

On the contrary, I think Rage will lead to a huge sell-out. As far as I've seen through friends and all the forums, they're the make-or-break band of the line-up.

I disagree. All the forums you speak of probably contain the particular audience Rage Against The Machine cater to. On a mainstream level though, I think their drawing power is far less than a band like The Killers due to factors like record sales proving their popularity.

Announced this week are popular rockers Biffy Clyro, Bridgend metallers Bullet For My Valentine, Chicago pop punk scamps Madina Lake, post-hardcore Brits Fightstar and South African grungers Seether.

Bahhh, Now I'm wanting to go to both again :(

Seether are still going? Haven't heard from them in years.

BFMV I'll see if there's no clash, and I'll probs check Biffy out too - they were pretty decent lst year from the 10 minutes I caught.

Madina Lake = Mehdina Lake

I'll give Fightstar a chance, I guess.

Pendulum would be ace, but they fit worse than the Prodigy did, wonder if they'd be nearly as popular.

And I'm not so keen on new Bullet, I'll see them, but whether I enjoy it or not depends heavily on how much of the set is new stuff. They were pretty cool on the Kerrang anniversary tour in '06.

I hope there's someone good on opposite Pendulum so I don't get dragged to see 'em. Ugh.

Who are The Galvatrons? and who are Hostile? Never heard of either, but according to DL forums both are self-confirmed.

Pendulum would be ace, but they fit worse than the Prodigy did, wonder if they'd be nearly as popular.

Pendulum have had coverage in rock/alternative magazines, and thats the kinda audience they get, as well as the Drum and Bass lot. So I can't overly see the problem, as they'll draw a crowd.

Pendulum? YES!

Forget Leeds, Download it is.

Nerf,

Bring drugs and/or whores (and Pandora ;) ).

See you at Pendulum

Edited by 'The Nature Boy'