Download Festival 2008

Nerf

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah man, haven't you heard? They're headlining the "Need To Die" stage on Saturday. It's a toss up between them and Testament for me.

Is that like 'The Black Parade'?

Are we having a mass suicide this year instead of random fires?

Annotations are horrible. Well, I guess fans of that kind of genre may find them good, but I'm not a fan, and it came across as a lot of indiscernible noise.

To be honest, having looked around since I made that comment, it seems the typical thing of the music media giving them coverage, whilst everyone who is tr00 and loves that kinda music thinks they are shit.

Kinda like Job For A Cowboy.

Job For a Cowboy just plain suck though. >_>

Are there any more announcements to be made?

I notice this little gem...

Large tents/gazebos must be used by the number of people for which they are intended i.e. no 6 berth tents with just 2 people sleeping in it!

That's new. I'd like to see them enforce that.

What are everyones days looking like?

Friday, I see me at the main stage all day, until just after Judas Priest, then I'll probably go check out DEP. Never listened to them, but rather that than Kiss.

Saturday, there isn't much for me until Pendulum, then after that I'll head to the mainstage for Incubus and Offspring. Before Pendulum though I'll wander around. Any recommendations for this day? You all know what music I like.

Sunday looks nice and busy. I'll open with a random, then Municipal Waste and Lethal Bizzle, the Apocalyptica, sit through Within Temptation to get to In Flames. Then Coheed (IF it doesn't conflict with Bodom - if so, Bodom get the nod), then Bodom, then Cavalera.

Yeah. Pending the times, that sounds like a nice weekend.

Just need to find something for the Saturday.

I wonder whether DEP might tailor thier set to be a bit more 'festival friendly'.

And yeah, everyone hates Job For A Cowboy....apart from the media.....or something. I dunno.

Although this is awesome:

Edited by rvdwannabe

Can someone break DEP down for me? Any good? What kind of music? Recommend some albums?

I've not heard a single note from them.

Also, Incubus and Seether if you don't mind, as I'll be seeing them by default so it'll be nice to have some stuff in advance.

I know what you can do Saturday Keith.

I've had a brainwave, I'll steal a ream of A4 paper from work, 500 sheets, then you turn them all into stuff with your mad origami skills, then I sell them to drunks, idiots and drunk idiots for a pound, thus making back the price of my ticket and a healthy profit also.

Of course, I'll split the spoils with you, one pint of overpriced, warm lager has your name on it maboy!

I loves me some DEP.

Check out Miss Machine and Ire Works.

this is Black Bubblegum live, which is off Ire Works.

is Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants live, which is from Miss Machine.

Although as they have had several member changes, they may drop in some of the older stuff, which sounds completely different.

Like this :

43% Burnt from Calculating Infinity I believe.

They went from being all about the time signatured noisey stuff, and have gone more into a mix of that with some darker, almost poppier stuff, which is awesome. They sound really heavy live though, even the 'softer' stuff.

Try and check out 'Unretrofied' from Miss Machine, as that also shows thier more electro-ey thing...and is also one of the songs most liked by those who prefer thier newer direction, twould seem.

Fuck it, I'll even drop in the Milk Lizard music video for you

off of Ire Works. Edited by rvdwannabe

Honestly. I can totally fucking see me sitting by my tent, pissed as a fart making origami shit for strangers.

Hell, actually, I'm gonna make sure I memorize some stuff that drunk people are likely to want.

Dinosaurs

Guitars

Sharks

Hmm...

Anything else?

edit: Thanks rvd, I can't youtube at work but I'll check those out when I get home.

edit: Thanks rvd, I can't youtube at work but I'll check those out when I get home.

No problems, though as much, just gives you something to check out when you find the time.

It might also be worth grabbing thier EP with Mike Patton, if only for thier cover of Aphex Twin's 'Come To Daddy'

Actually, here it is...synched up to the Aphex Twin video.

Edited by rvdwannabe

I love it when a plan comes together.

Nerf, I see you're reading this, put down our provisional order that we went through earlier in the week. Just so people will know where the sleaze will be at.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Nerf, I see you're reading this, put down our provisional order that we went through earlier in the week. Just so people will know where the sleaze will be at.

Friday:

Zebrahead

Stone Gods

Seether

Kid Rock

Motorhead

Judas Priest

KISS

Saturday:

Sign

Skindred

36 Crazyfists

Alter Bridge

Ace Frehely

Pendulum

Saxon

Testament

Sunday:

Municipal Waste

Black Stone Cherry

Rose Tattoo

Airbourne

In Flames

Coheed & Cambria

Jimmy Eat World

Lostprophets

That's the provisional, at least. I've missed out a loud of spots where there's bands I don't wanna see, but Gazz can change that up if he wants. Right now I'm undecided on Zebrahead/Black Tide, Lostprophets/Cavalera Conspiracy, and Testament/Offspring. Gazz and I will work that out when the stage times are announced.