Leona's Cover of Run

Katsuya

Joined the Gossip, released one single four times, got fatter.

I've heard the cover a few times now, its pretty ace to be truly honest, just don't let my girlfriend hear me say that after I derided her heavily for buying the single. Could do without the generic Carey-esque warbling at the end though.

Guest TheBlueyComplex

I can see Leona being the first act in ages to dominate the US charts aswell, she'll make Cowell a mint. I hope that in a few years she'll do what Will Young and Girls Aloud did and stuff Cowell/Walsh and make it on her own.

Why "the female fans"? Why wouldn't male fans of Leona prefer it?

I don't like the song in question, so this doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I rather like Leona..."Keep Bleeding" is a great pop tune, and reminds me of Marcella Detroit...the "warbling" is far more reminiscent of her, or of her work in Shakespears Sister than of a Mariah Carey type or anything like that, and the subject matter and tone of the song fit that mold too, so I like it.

Why "the female fans"? Why wouldn't male fans of Leona prefer it?

I'm sure many male fans probably do prefer it.

I just meant that female fans who don't care much for Snow Patrol are likely to prefer her version. A bit like when Amy Winehouse covered Valerie...I personally preferred The Zutons' version, while I'm sure female fans probably preferred hers.

I didn't say or mean for a second that just because female fans would prefer it, male fans couldn't.

Guest TheBlueyComplex

Did you know the lead singer of the guy who did 'Apologise' wrote 'Bleeding Love' for Leona? I saw some interviewer asking him if he was gutted that he wrote a song that's doing better than his.

The best thing about her is she has a distinct voice. Lke if you hadn't told us who it was we could have told regardless as she has already developed a style of singing. When you watch her performances of Whitney Houston on the X Factor you realise just how talented she is as she completely owns them and makes thme her own.

What a chauvanistic view...it's not as if Snow Patrol and The Zutons are bands reaking in masculinity...outside of Katsuya's playlist they're two of the most homosexual bands out of the UK in the past 5 years. :shifty:

It wasn't intended to be chauvanistic at all.

My opinion was that a lot of female fans of music would probably prefer the song when being sang by a woman...in this case Leona Lewis, especially if they're already a fan of hers. I personally prefer the Snow Patrol version.

I don't see where me saying that female fans might prefer the Leona version was interpreted to look like it meant that no male fans could like it as well.

Edited by Baddar D

Whatever happened to that fat bird who won Pop Idol on the basis of being fat?

Michelle McManus? She went on some fad diet, but is still fat. But not at "being mistaken for a whale" levels now.

She should take a leaf out of Andy Fordham's book (That hugely obese Darts player) Anyone seen how much weight he's lost?

Guest tiarnantman

Not a huge fan of Snow Patrol, so I don't really like the song, but Leona has an amazing voice. Watching her performances makes this year's X-Factor finalists look awful, perhaps barring Rhydian.

Yup, I'd say Leona Lewis is the best female singer in the world right now, excluding Amy Lee.

Not a huge fan of Snow Patrol, so I don't really like the song, but Leona has an amazing voice. Watching her performances makes this year's X-Factor finalists look awful, perhaps barring Rhydian.

Yup, I'd say Leona Lewis is the best female singer in the world right now, excluding Amy Lee.

Does anyone OTHER than me not like Rhydian? Seems not.

Yes, he has a good voice, of course he does. But I just can't see what all the fuss is about. Maybe that IS the X Factor :thumbsdown:

But yeah, Leona is good, and I was happy to see her win last year. And yeah, Amy Lee :wub: