For me, best endings include:

+ Zatoichi's dance finale.

+ Crank

+ Carry On Up The Khyber's "Banquet scene"

+ Amelie (I'm an old romantic)

+ Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

+ Sunshine

+ The Proposition

I marked out when Guy Pearce's character Charlie Burns came into Captain Stanley's house as Mrs Stanley is being raped and Captain Stanley has been beaten by Burns' brother and then Charlie just shoots the rapist (his old ally) at point blank and then shoots and kills his older brother, in the end saving the man who forced this proposition on him in the first place....It's such a satisfying moment.

+ Dog Soldiers

Also far too many others.

Aside from what's been mentioned:

*American Beauty

With Kevin Spacey NOT having sex with Mena Suvari, and finding out the consequences of turning away the neighbor.

*The Prestige

Discovering the twin situation.

My brain is fried, can't think of much more at the moment

And how could I forget The Others.

Edited by CQI13

Romper Stomper.

I loved it from the first time I saw the film. The slight bit of irony involved when Davey uses the instrument of death on his ex-buddy Hando while each are fighting for their life. The instrument of death was a Hitler youth knife that Davey purchased, but borrowed money from Hando to purchase it. Hando purchased his own death.

Taxi Driver.

I was glad to see Travis Bickle survive and come out a hero in the end. He may have used lethal means, but his actions at the end of the movie were heroic.

Guest Crockmaster

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.

The tension of the duel is made unbearable by Morricone's musical score - before the unpredictable ending which ties in perfectly with events earlier into the film. And not to mention how the final lines of the movie meld into that theme tune.

Taxi Driver.

I was glad to see Travis Bickle survive and come out a hero in the end. He may have used lethal means, but his actions at the end of the movie were heroic.

Bit of a different interpretation:

I always thought the ending bit where he's a hero was all in his mind. All through out the film Travis yearned for acceptance, wishing he was a somebody. Now, at the end, he got shot a ton of times. I'm fairly sure he was supposed to have been in a coma, so I always figured the cutouts of him proclaimed a hero, everyone loving him etc was just a fantasy made by Travis himself, especially since he had a full head of hair again and seemingly no problems from, as already mentioned, being shot a fuckload times.

I thought that was more poignant, but obviously everyone comes out with their own thoughts on it.

The Prestige and The Departed are a couple of recent(ish) ones I liked, and when I saw Eternal Sunshine recently I thought the ending helped drag the film up a couple of notches. Reservoir Dogs will always be one of my favourite endings, if not my favourite, I love the whole Mexican Standoff and the interaction between White and Orange afterwards. Oh, and the ending to American Beauty isn't anything special in terms of subject matter but I think the way the last five or so minutes of the film are put together is fantastic.