Pokémon Thread

The Kraig

I helped Serebii scan most of the pics.  :rolleyes:

You did? :blink:

And I already seen Serebii.net, where do you think I found out about Emerald? :P

Oh, and Cloudy/CI -

Diglett Rancher = Pancho. And that episode was the Underground ound-Up, from the second/Orange Island series. My favourite series. B)

And I hate cute pokemon. <_<

And Misty's the Cerulean gym leader again, with her sisters (apparently). She comes back for an episode which I don't think has aired in the US yet. Togepi FINALLY evolves.

And yes, I shall abuse the Wireless Adapter. It only works for up to a few hundreds feet though, so it's not like I'm be reaping ass all over the country. And I doubt anyone else plays pokemon in my neighbourhood anyways. (¬_¬)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To breed Pokémon you must have a female Pokémon of the Pokémon you want to breed, be it an evolved form or not. Some Pokémon such as legendaries and baby Pokémon cannot breed. The easiest way to breed Pokémon however lies in the hands of Ditto. If you breed Ditto with any Pokémon, male or female, you will gain it's lowest evolved form. Except in the case of Azurill and Wynaut,where to get Azurill one Marill must hold Sea Incense and in the case of Wobuffet one must be holding a Lax Incense. By the way, if any of you are too lazy to get Colosseum but end up challenging me at FR/LG and winning then you will obtain one legendary dog of your choosing.

Just look for a small sign saying '100 yards to Legendary Trainer J' :shifty: or something along those lines in the East Midlands and you'll know you're in the right place.

EDIT: Has anyone else caught the Pokérus in R/S? Because everyone keeps telling me how rare it is but at least ten of my Pokémon has caught the Pokérus.

Edited by TEWObsession

To breed (in the latest games) you need a female and a male from a certain breeding pool and put them in daycare and they will sex0r and make an egg. The baby that hatched can learn certain breeding moves which can only be taught to certain pokemon through breeding and the father must have this move in his 4 assigned moves.

Anyways, that's complicating, the breeding pools are easily found on the pages of the pokedex on Serebii.net.

Each page has the pokemon's ''egg groups'' with a pulldown list of all the pokemon it can breed with in that group. Some have two groups so can breed with many other pokemon, not just the same species. B)

And Obsession, Pokerus is very rare (rarer than shiny pokemon), the reason a few of your pokemon have it is because it's contagious, just like a real virus.

And yes, you can only get Rattata in FR/LG, he does not appear catchable in Colosseum, Ruby or Sapphire. Me might be in Emerald, who knows?

Edited by The Kraig

I'm not sure if any of you guys can help me. But i'm playing Sapphire and i have beaten the gym leader at Mauville and beaten the family at there house up on route 111 i think it is. Well when i try to go through the mountain to the next city, team magma is there. And i when i talk to them they mention guys at Fallarbor City, yet i've tried each way i can to get to there. But nothing, i went to Rustboro city and the way there is blocked off by those stones that of your on the opposite side you can hop over. And i tried going through the desert on foot and it said i couldn't( can't remember the exact words ). And i'm not sure if i need to win a poke' contest or some thing. Or go down route 118, but if so i'm not even sure how i get on that. Since it looks to be a water route and i don't have surf yet. Even any one can help me here i'd be grateful. And oh here are my pokemon currently on it ( i am too lazy to get out red, blue, yellow, silver, gold, ruby to see what my current lineups are on it :shifty: ).

Ralts

Female

Level 18

Calm Nature

Attacks:

1-Growl

2-Confusion

3-Double Team

4-Teleport

Wingull

Male

Level 21

Lonely Nature

Attacks:

1-Mist

2-Water Gun

3-Supersonic

4-Wing Attack

Geodude

Male

Level 24

Quiet Nature

Attacks:

1-Rock Smash

2-Rock Throw

3-Magnitude

4-Strength

Dustox

Female

Level 16

Gentle Nature

Attacks:

1-Tackle

2-Gust

3-Secret Power

4-Confusion

Grovyle

Male

Level 20

Docile Nature

Attacks:

1-Pursuit

2-Cut

3-Absorb

4-Fury Cutter

Plusle

Male

Level 17

Relaxed Nature

Attacks:

1-Growl

2-Thunder Wave

3-Quick Attack

4-Helping Hand

Again any one who could help me with my problem i'd be quite grateful.

Yeah i got rocksmash as seen in geodude's attack list. And i'm past that area, i'm talking about that mountain past it that at first team magma are blocking the way. And ya have to get to it by going left. And straight ahead is the opening to the desert.

Oh, the one with where they are blocking the lift to the top of the mountain? Have you went through the tunnel to the far left of that same area?

Oh and Kraigy, it may interest you to know, in that tunnel, if you go as far south as you can after pushing the boulders, you can find Cyndaquil :smug:

Edited by Kaneanite

To get past the Team Magma/Aqua members blocked the way to the ski-lift thing you have to go to Meteor Falls first. Requires you go through Fiery Path, head North, then West to Fallabor Town (past the ashy fields). Continue going West then South and you should (after battling many trainers) find the entrance to Meteor Falls.

Oh, and Kaney, you don't have to use Strench to find Cyndaquil, you can find it anywhere in Fiery Path. Along with Moltres. :P

I never followed the games after Gold and Silver, hell I still only full understand the world of Red, Blue and Red, Kanto I believe?

But when is FR and LG out in teh UK??

Also...

Note: I will now update my Poké Blue Diary after a long absense, well 5 days ;).

Also, Poké Yellow -- How the hell do I get a Mew? I heard it can be found near that Boat if you have surf, but can ya?

Edited by Scarred Tissue

No :P

That was a rumour that you could obtain surf early with strength, and instead of going on the SS Anne, you would surf to an area with a truck. You would use strength to move it, and Mew would be under it. Codswallop :P

Interestingly, the truck is in Fire Red/Leaf Green, but it doesn't do anything. Apparently, Nintendo put it in as an easter egg for those who believed the rumours the first time round.

Thug, no this is a Sapphire hack we're talking about, where you can obtain all the pokemon in one game. The bugger is trying to find them

:(

What Pokemon work well against electric types? I'm just now getting to my third Gym and Gym Leader Wattson.

Rock types, maybe?

Edited by Chemical Imbalance

Wattson used Electric/Steel types, so Rock pokemon are a bad decision.

Steel > Rock. And although Rock > Electric, there won't be a type advantage.

Despite that, I'd go with a quick Geodude that knows Magnitude (Ground attack), which is good against Steel and Electric. And Geodude should be resistant to Electric attacks and any Steel moves Wattson's pokemon may know should be too effectice as Geodude's hald Ground type.

Steel weaknesses are fire and fighting, if you have any fire or fighting pokemon, or even a pokemon that know a fire or fighting type attack use them (unless they're weak to electric attacks).

Also, Wattson's pokemon know the extremely gay move Shockwave, which is a strong electric attack which NEVER misses. Ever. Anyways, good luck, Cloudster.

Edited by The Kraig

Ah yeah i remember facing wattson. He was a pain in the ass, good luck cloudy. Though any one know if the hot springs in that town of the fire gym leader does any thing? Though i am slightly disturbed that the naked old ladies in it aren't bothered by the fact you get in there with your clothing and every thing on.... :blink:

Yeah, I'm in the process at the moment of training a Lvl 5 Magikarp up to Lvl 30 so it'll evolve and can use Surf. Anyone know any Pokemon that can surf I can find just by walking around?