YI And His Special Music Corner

YI

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, saw they were touring. Guttermouth are a band that I have a kind of love/hate relationship with. When they get it good, they're amazing. When they don't, they're fucking terrible.

Apparently, Atom & His Package might be playing a London Underworld show next year with the Real McKenzies...I'm there if it turns out to be true.

Sigur Ros tomorrow. :D WHOOOOO!!!!!! Also, it's the first gig in London I'm going to where I don't have to get either the train or coach. ROAD TRIP!!! WHOOOO!!!

But what a week it is going to be;

Tomorrow - Sigur Ros

Tuesday - New Found Glory/Four Year Strong/Crime In Stereo

Thursday - Finch/Shadows Chasing Ghosts

Sadly though, I will have to miss Former Cell Mates/The Magnificent/Wooderson, which was a gig I really wanted to see...as it clashes with the rearranged Finch date. :(

Also, "Day & Age" by The Killers is probably their best allround album. "Spaceman" and "Joy Ride" are so fucking good. Actually the run of 3-4-5-6 is so good.

Edited by YI

Oh, I saw "School Of Seven Bells" had a massive write up in the Metro on Monday. Made me smile, but also was quite disappointing though as it was in the "gigs in your area" section and I got excited at first, thinking they were playing a gig locally. :(

Apparently Four Year Strong's setlist is ALL of "Rise Or Die Trying", minus "If He's Here..."...awesome. I'd kill to hear "Go Long Dad" or "Live From The Crime Scene" though.

And NFG are apparently doing a bunch of requests...nice!

If it makes you feel any better Metalman, they haven't been playing "Glosoli" so far on the tour.

Edited by YI

Just got myself back. Hooray for designated drivers. The three others of us just slept on the way back leaving him to basically drive back from like half 4 in the morning, the only one awake, after we started dragging him round pubs and bars, despite him not being able to drink. :shifty:

The whole searching thing at London gigs, while I'm used to it by now, it still catches me by surprise...when some burly bloke just starts grabbing at me.

Missed the majority of the support band, they sounded alright, reminded me of Explosions In The Sky...well just reminded me of virtually every other post-rock band ever.

Venue was canny fucking huge. But still, I had a good standing place, could see a lot. Sigur Ros were spot on. Epic stuff, musically and visually (CONFETTI~!). Oh, and they played "Glosoli". My bro's mate took a bunch of photos and videos, he's going to bluetooth them to me tonight in the pub, so if they're any good I'll post them up here.

I'm going to make a bacon sandwich, but off the top of my head here's the setlist what I know/remember;

Svefn-g-englar

Glosoli

Ny Batteri

...the new one that sounds like a Coldplay song

Hoppipolla

...something, I don't know its name, oldish I think, as it seemed to get a good reception

...that awesome new one with the trumpety shit on 1920's TV sound thing at the start (I could probably just check these out...but whatever..."Track 2" I think)

Saeglopur

Untitled #? (either 2, 4 or 6...by process of elimination)

...some proper long tune

Festival

Gobbledigook

-----------------

...the canny dull one from the new album

Untitled #8

I don't know enough names of Sigur Ros songs. :shifty:

I hate Dragsy for sending me "Kiss My Sass" by Cobra Starship...it's so fucking terrible...but catchy, the 'riff' bit...someone sample that for a (good) rap song...NOW!!

Oh fuck off...it's the guy from Midtown? Shit, I quite liked Midtown. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Dragsy, if you don't fucking make YI play "Bring It (Snakes on a Plane)", YI will never fucking know the awesomeness this band has.

Well, at least that song's awesome. Everything else is pretty shit. Not enough of the hot blonde from The Sounds. >_>

I'm too bitter about the loss of Midtown to make anyone like Cobra Starship. I don't even like Kiss My Sass, and I've never heard Bring it.

You're missing out. It entails the most awesome part of the motion picture called Snakes on a Plane, and for some reason, the Gym Class Heroes guy and the vocalist from the Sounds are in that song and aren't (I think) in any other song they made.

Been blasting "Is Dead" by Crime In Stereo today. Can't believe I didn't like this album. "Small Skeletal", "Animal Pharm", "Almost Ghostless", "Nixon", "XXXX (The First 1000 Years Of Solitude)" and "...But You Are Vast" are epic tunes.

Also, my brother finally finished unpacking today (despite moving home like 3-month ago), and he's just handed me a few of CD's he took from his old flatmate, which he thought I'd like..."Neon Handshake" by Hell Is For Heroes, "From Here To Infirmary" by Alkaline Trio, "How It Feels To Be Something On" by Sunny Day Real Estate and "Jimmy Eat World" by Jimmy Eat World (NOT "Bleed American"...as in...old school "Jimmy Eat World")...awesome!!! I'm going to have a rummage through and see what else he's managed to get when he goes out later.

Also, "Burned Is The House" by Alkaline Trio, which is a b-side from "Agony & Irony" is basically better than the entire album put together. Plus it has the only case of Alk3-ism lyrics of the entire album (not their best, but I still thought "hey that's cool") in "if you cry me a river you can baptise me in".

Edited by YI