Muse...

Guest tiarnantmann

Guest tiarnantman

They were number one on the Best Band thing, yet I couldn't find a thread deticated to them. I started listening to them when a friend of mine said they were great, and, frankly, I love them quite a bit now. Got a favourite song? Favourite album?

I personally liked 'Unintended' and 'Falling Down', dunno which'd be my favourite though. 'New Born' is up there as well. As for an album, it's between BH&R and Origin of Symmetry, probably leaning more towards BH, cause I'm more used to it.

• Admin

Favourite song for me switches between Stockholm Syndrome if I'm a "rock" mood, and Hoodoo for a more "Introspective" mood.

Though as IWGP said, every track seems to be quality. Even some of the rarer stuff like Fury and Futurism stands strong on it's own.

Favourite album? I'll go for Absolution, but BH&R grows further on me with every listen. My only quibble is I think Take A Bow and Knights Of Cydonia should switch places on the album, but that's just me.

My brother used to be a huge Muse fan, so while I've never been much of a fan myself, I've got tons of ridiculously obscure B-sides and Japan-only releases on my computer or just lying around. One of them, "Pink Ego Box", which is taken from a Japanese release album called "Random 1-8" is absolutely fantastic. The Soulwax mix of Muscle Museum is immense too. "Hate This And I'll Love You", "Hypochondriac Music" and "Unintended" are all quite good too. Most of their more "rock" stuff really grates on me, I prefer the slower stuff.

My brother used to be a huge Muse fan, so while I've never been much of a fan myself, I've got tons of ridiculously obscure B-sides and Japan-only releases on my computer or just lying around. One of them, "Pink Ego Box", which is taken from a Japanese release album called "Random 1-8" is absolutely fantastic.

Muse are amazing. I'm not as huge on BH&R as some other people are but is a pretty solid album. I love Starlight in spite of it/because of it being poppy as fuck and pretty much sugar coated.

Aside from that my favourite album is Origin of Symmetry. I love every song on that and the live versions of them on Hullabaloo are absolutely fantastic. My favourite Muse song is possibly the Hullabaloo version of Space Dementia.

They'll also be releasing a DVD of the Wembley show soon which is something to look out for.

Incidentally, Muse indirectly got me into Tom Waits; on the CD of Hullaballoo, if you rewind from the first track, it'll play "What's He Building In There?" by Mr. Waits. Madness.

Also, one of the funniest things ever was at ATP, when my friend Andy (to make it more bizarre, he's the continuity announcer for the Channel Islands' local ITV stuff) stood in the middle of a dancefloor singing "We're The Knights Of Cydonia!" over and over to the tune of "Kids In America" by Kim Wilde. He doesn't especially like Muse, and doesn't remember why he did it, but it was fantastic.

Incidentally, Muse indirectly got me into Tom Waits; on the CD of Hullaballoo, if you rewind from the first track, it'll play "What's He Building In There?" by Mr. Waits. Madness.

Really?

*runs off to find Hullaballoo CD*

Muse are consistently absolutely epic live, I think Screenager is by far their worst song, and is frankly fucking boring. But other than that basically every song has something about it I love. And brilliantly, most of my favourite Muse songs are B-sides, such as Eternally Missed and Hyper Music. There is this one song that Muse did a LONG time ago that was one of my favourites ever, but I've since forgotten it, and really fucking want it back. I can't even remember what it sounds like so that comment was pretty much pointless.

But all in all Muse are fabulous.

I used Hoodoo in one of my 'hilarious' films, as seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b6vuuEQO94. In fact, don't click it, its dreadful as TGC may tell you.

Muse are my favourite band, there's so many songs I could choose as my favourite. 'Hyper Music', 'Stockholm Syndrome', 'Citizen Erased', 'In Your World' and 'Fury' are just some of them. Any bad Muse tracks are probably on their Showbiz album. I really don't like 'Showbiz' the song and a couple of others are sloppy like 'Escape'.

EDIT: And Robster, you suck for hating 'Screenager'. :P

Edited by God-Awful

Personally, I'd say "Showbiz" is my favourite album of theirs. "Origin Of Symmetry" is probably actually their strongest album to date, but I've heard too much of it too often to be able to ever really enjoy it. "Absolution" just wasn't very good; very patchy, very by-the-numbers, a watered down OOS in my opinion. Haven't even heard all of BH&R.