The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

Nice. I'm not actually working till Friday, which is bad in that I won;t be making any money, but good because I can just play GTA all week. We're not doing anything special other than the midnight launch though. Some guy was well annoyed on the phone because he thought the launch thing included music and light refreshments.

Ahhh that's nice...Like an art gallery exhibition or something...You must work in an extremely classy area...We've got a security guard and a strict one in, get your game, one out policy :P

to hammy and dragsy, do you guys know if there'll be some readily available on launch to those who haven't preordered? I didn't think I'd even nearly be able to afford it just yet, but theres a chance I'll be able to now, don't want to waste my time wondering round town looking for it though if I won't be able to find it.

to hammy and dragsy, do you guys know if there'll be some readily available on launch to those who haven't preordered? I didn't think I'd even nearly be able to afford it just yet, but theres a chance I'll be able to now, don't want to waste my time wondering round town looking for it though if I won't be able to find it.

Your local Tesco/Asda will have them readily available even if a "game shop" doesn't, I'm sure of it. And even if you went in and saw that there was none left on the shelves, they'd more than likely have some more in the back.

I know I'm not dragsy or hammy, but I would think that you would have to have a store that doesn't take pre-orders but will have the game. Our Wal-Mart, for instance, does not take pre-orders and opens at 7 AM, so as long as you're one of the first people there, you'll get a copy.

I know I'm not dragsy or hammy, but I would think that you would have to have a store that doesn't take pre-orders but will have the game. Our Wal-Mart, for instance, does not take pre-orders and opens at 7 AM, so as long as you're one of the first people there, you'll get a copy.

...Yeah, just remember to sprint straight to the game section as soon as the shutters come up. :shifty:

Nah, you'll be fine. Anyone who worries about getting a copy in their local town should just use Asda or Tesco as I say.

Edited by Badd-um-tsch

Nice. I'm not actually working till Friday, which is bad in that I won;t be making any money, but good because I can just play GTA all week. We're not doing anything special other than the midnight launch though. Some guy was well annoyed on the phone because he thought the launch thing included music and light refreshments.

Ahhh that's nice...Like an art gallery exhibition or something...You must work in an extremely classy area...We've got a security guard and a strict one in, get your game, one out policy :P

The one I'm going to will have 3 bands playing and refreshments...

We were told throughout that we weren't gonna be getting any more stock than preorders (I'm guessing to make customers sign up to preorders etc etc). We've actually got about 200 more PS3 copies and 100 more 360 copies than we have preorders (and 8 PS3 special eds and 4 360 special eds in the metal boxes which we didn't even take preorders for). They've sent us more PS3 copies than 360 which is the first game they've ever done it for, probably due to our decent PS3 preorder numbers...

The Woolies I work at has got 8 copies on 360 and 4 for PS3 for Tuesday, which is a pitiful number, especially considering there's at least 3 staff (including me) that want 360 copies set aside. But then again there is a Blockbuster Games opening at midnight about 2 minutes away and a 24 hour Tesco about 15 minutes away. So yeah, going by the amount Gamestation are packing I'd say check the games shops first (Y).

Yeah, if you're looking for a broken street date, check K-Mart, its not going to happen with a Gamestop, they never break street dates.

Hahahahaha, Oh you're cute Maxx. I've gotten several games from EB Games (They haven't switched them over to Gamestops in Canada) before street date.

I was instruct to tell people not to get your hopes up if you've not preordered, but that there's a fair chance of getting one if you attend the midnight launch. And preorders are only being kept back till Thursday, so if any go unclaimed till then, they're fair game. We've got fuckloads more preorders for 360 than PS3 though, so it'll be trickier getting the Xbox version without preorder.

I am very dissapointed that my sick papers haven't gone through and thus will not be getting paid until NEXT week at the earliest. I have been forced into playing San Andreas to cause me not to explode.

On a related topic, how likely am I to get a copy at the weekend? Will stock have been replenished?