The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

I am kind of disappointed that I didn't get the special edition, but do you guys think that it would have really been worth the extra money? I just can't wait to get my hands on this game come Tuesday after school (I am hoping golf practice is canceled since my dad is getting it during the day for me).

I am very dissapointed that my sick papers haven't gone through and thus will not be getting paid until NEXT week at the earliest. I have been forced into playing San Andreas to cause me not to explode.

On a related topic, how likely am I to get a copy at the weekend? Will stock have been replenished?

Well I've been playing Driver 3 for christs sake. At least San Andreas didnt have a first ever and only ever "Unpredictable Curbs" mode. That was all the way through the game and couldn't be turned off. I've finally been able to do THAT mission.

It's not that I don't have San An, it's that I didn't feel like playing it (and VC).

I am kind of disappointed that I didn't get the special edition, but do you guys think that it would have really been worth the extra money? I just can't wait to get my hands on this game come Tuesday after school (I am hoping golf practice is canceled since my dad is getting it during the day for me).

I personally don't really think it'd be worth it. But I think that about all special editions. You're paying more money, for what is essentially a pretty case? And unless you're one of those that puts their cases on display somewhere, that doesn't really matter.

I had to go check to see what was in it. And "The Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition is presented in a customized Grand Theft Auto metal safety deposit box. The box contains a GTA IV artbook, a CD soundtrack, a keychain, and a limited edition duffle bag."

Don't really see the point of the artbook, you can find the art online. Don't know what the keychain looks like, but that's probably not that big of deal. CD might be nice, but I'm guessing it'll just be a few songs from the game, which you'll hear anyways. so yea, dont really see the point in paying more. A GTA duffel bag? Maybe...but how many times would you actually use it?

The only reason I would have got it really would have been for the soundtrack and the art book. They will probably have an expanded soundtrack out like they did for Vice City and San Andreas, so no need for me to sweat that and the art book is probably shit anyways.

They haven't broken a street date over here yet, But then again, Different stores have different staff.

EB broke the GTA-SA date at 2PM the day before release. It was an Australia wide break set up by head office.

I'm sure the Soundtrack will be available at some point separately. Wouldn't even be surprised if it hit iTunes as early as Tuesday. The Art more than likely can be found online, and the duffel bag/keychain/safety box? Yeah, I'd say it's not really worth it.

Anywho, I'm all sorts of excited for this game.

Yeah Kou, thanks for mentioning something irrelevant, it was cute. Gamestops don't break street dates. EB Games might, if you're lucky enough to have one that managed not to get sucked up by Gamestop. As it stands, Gamestop doesn't street dates, that'd be like a theater showing movies 3 days before they're released.

Edited by Maxx

They haven't broken a street date over here yet, But then again, Different stores have different staff.

EB broke the GTA-SA date at 2PM the day before release. It was an Australia wide break set up by head office.

I wasnt a big gamer back then, So your most likey correct, But im seriously hyped for this, Ive decided to go up about 2 hours early because they said over the phone they have some promo stuff going at 10:30 and if the promo stuff is shit, ill still get a kick ass place in line and it cant be worse than sitting at home and waiting. 5 and ahalf hours to launch according to the website.

A few Aussie EB's are raffling off LCD's (ticket price goes to charity I think). To further clarify EB will often break the street date but only if another local store has (Often Myer in Melbourne but you have to ask). The SA instance is the only one where I know for certain they made the choice to break.

Anyone know what got the chop for the Aussie version of the game? Apparently it got edited a bit because our rating's board is a tad precious.
I havent heard anything, But my best guess is that it would be the "Hooker" scenes.

Anyone know what got the chop for the Aussie version of the game? Apparently it got edited a bit because our rating's board is a tad precious.
I havent heard anything, But my best guess is that it would be the "Hooker" scenes.

But that was the only reason I was going to get the game :(

But that was the only reason I was going to get the game :(

But then again there could be no edits and we get the same as the Yanks and Brits, You know this reminds me of the slack, Dummy Halfs and line out throwers used to get, I mean how would you like to play as the "hooker" on a footy field?

Anyone know if Gamestation are still taking pre-orders?

It's either ASDA or GS for me, wherever is open at midnight, but I've got a credit note for GS which would be useful I guess.

You want to preorder the game the day before it's out?

I think it's more registering interest now, like I've said before, if you go to the midnight launch if there is one (I guess just turn up at 8.30am if there isn't), you might luck out if there's any extra copies.