The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

Anyone know if Gamestation are still taking pre-orders?

It's either ASDA or GS for me, wherever is open at midnight, but I've got a credit note for GS which would be useful I guess.

You want to preorder the game the day before it's out?

I think it's more registering interest now, like I've said before, if you go to the midnight launch if there is one (I guess just turn up at 8.30am if there isn't), you might luck out if there's any extra copies.

Well yeah, I just thought it would make life easier if I paid for it today, rather than at midnight & would gaurentee me a copy.

Although ASDA will most certainly sell them at midnight too & I have one down the road, the credit note may sway me.

Dan,

ASDA and Tesco should both have copies in at midnight.

GAME are opening at midnight but only for customers who have pre-ordered, Gamestation are opening at 11.30pm and say they have a few copies for customers that haven't pre-ordered but not many. They also said they're expecting a few hundred people.

You could probably still pre-order if you wanted if you're getting worried about not being able to snatch a copy just off the shelf.

BTW, if you're going into Gamestation in the town, I'm told that it's the entrance near M&S and Adams that you're to use... wherever the fook that is. I'm assuming it's the one where the mobility scooter place is/was and the Post Office.

Thanks AJ :)

Yeah, it must be the one near the post office, over the road from the FE?

I'm going to pop upto Gamestation to get a pre-order in I reckon then. :)

Edit: Went in, they have no pre-orders left but got plenty of stock, the guy said should be enough to go around.

Edited by RingysTaintLickerDan

Yeah I got the impression you'd be OK without a pre-order but I don't fancy queuing up with another 200 people. Think I might try my luck at ASDA first, failing that I'll just drive over to town or to Tesco.

8 hours 15 mins to go. :w00t:

For those who care, here is a list of confirmed cheat codes. Just type the number into your cellphone.

Health

Restore Niko's health. 4825550100

Armour

Give Niko armour. 3625550100

Weapons #1

Baseball Bat, Handgun, Shotgun, MP5, M4, Sniper Rifle, RPG, Grenades. 4865550100

Weapons #2

Knife, Molotovs, Handgun, Shotgun, Uzi, AK47, Sniper Rifle, RPG 4865550150

Remove Wanted Level

Remove Niko's wanted level. Blocks achievement "Walked free". 2675550100

Raise Wanted Level

Add one star to Niko's wanted level. 2675550150

Change Weather/Brightness

Alters the weather/brightness of the game. 4685550100

Spawn Annihilator

Spawn an Annihilator in front of Niko. 3595550100

Spawn Jetmax

Spawn a Jetmax in front of Niko. 9385550100

Spawn NRG-900

Spawn an NRG-900 in front of Niko. 6255550100

Spawn Sanchez

Spawn a Sanchez in front of Niko. 6255550150

Spawn FIB Buffalo

Spawn an FIB Buffalo in front of Niko. 2275550100

Spawn Comet

Spawn a Comet in front of Niko. 2275550175

Spawn Turismo

Spawn a Turismo in front of Niko. 2275550147

Spawn Cognoscenti

Spawn a Cognoscenti in front of Niko. 2275550142

Spawn SuperGT

Spawn a SuperGT in front of Niko. 2275550168

In other news, I won't be able to pick up my copy until 2PM tomorrow. :crying:

Why? There are no spoilers. The weapons are the same weapons you find in every GTA, and the cars you can spawn aren't new either. The other cheat codes are the usual health/armor code, change weather code, and the raise/remove wanted level code.

Edited by abundant

Just something about cheatcodes...

If you use them, can you complete the game 100%, or will it stay stuck on something like 98% because you've used them? I'm obviously tempted by the extra health and cars, but if you can't complete the game because you use them, I wouldn't bother.

Well I would imagine it's like GTA:SA where it keeps a log in your stats of how many times you've used cheat codes. I don't know if that affects your percentage though cause I never used them. You could probably use them to complete the game, but you'd never really complete it that way.

The only kind of cheats I used were maps online to find those last few bloody graffiti tags. Orange spray paint on orange walls? Come off it!

Midnight launches are generally just for people who have pre-orders. You might be able to go at like 11 and pay off a copy in full, then get it at midnight, but usually its just people iwth pre-orders, they pay the game off before midnight, then at 12 just pick it up and leave.