The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

... Roman just tried to jack me. I took him for a game of darts and when I took him back home I parked in the arrow and he did the whole "We should do this again sometime cousin" spiel and then punched me in the face, pushed me out the door, got in the driver's seat, sat there for a second, then got out. It was bizarre.

Ah, figures. I have my yellow Comet parked in the exact spot where the arrow is that you're supposed to drive in to, and I hate moving or damaging it so I pull up in front of it, back up as best I can without damaging it - or pull up beside it >_>

I love the fighting system. I can see how some people call it basic but i really like it especially when using the knife. The new car physics are good even though it took me a bit to get used to them

I've finally completed the story arc of the game. Now, by day I go on dates with girls off the internet and out drinking with Roman and by night I steal police cars and become a vigilante.

I noticed the trainers in Modo are exactly the same as Adidas Stan Smiths, too. Awesome.

D'oh, I just started on Three Leaf Clover and

I jacked a car with a cop RIGHT THERE (didn't see him) and then Packie, St. Michael and Derrick got into a gunfight with him over a ONE STAR wanted level, St. Michael died, and I had to start all over. The second time I just jacked the cop's car (it was left in the middle of the road) and went to do the mission. I got in the subway and died there. :(

Last mission help

Is th ramp, the one with the three cars at the bottom, or is there one after that?

I don't get you - you mean the ramp you have to go over with the motorcycle? It's the one that's highlighted in with a big yellow arrow that's right next to the coast. You'll need to time the jump exactly, so when the game says to accelerate over the ramp you should already be going quite fast and you need to floor it between then and the ramp.

Last mission help

Is th ramp, the one with the three cars at the bottom, or is there one after that?

I don't get you - you mean the ramp you have to go over with the motorcycle? It's the one that's highlighted in with a big yellow arrow that's right next to the coast. You'll need to time the jump exactly, so when the game says to accelerate over the ramp you should already be going quite fast and you need to floor it between then and the ramp.

Thanks, I didn't realise the yellow dot on the map was the ramp, I thought it was the chopper, I passed it now.
Edited by The Cool One

Flatline spoilers:

Am I the only one who realised about the doctor's scrubs disguise? The guides and forum posts I've seen all suggest going in unarmed, then popping the two cops who tell you to clear off. But I went into the locker room, changed into the scrubs and they let me into Anthony's room. Then there was a bit of dialogue, and I got to pull the plug on the life support machine, rather than shoot him like everywhere tells you to. Makes the mission so much cooler.