The Anime Thread

Ruki

At this stage it'll either never happen or will suddenly reappear in the distant (e.g. 1 year+) future. There's been absolutely zero internet buzz since the season was 'announced' over a year ago, which would imply that it's been quietly shelved and/or pushed back.

It does annoy me when anime series announce new seasons that will never happen. Cases in point, NANA ("join us in season 2"...lol, right) or School Rumble ("oh wow, next semester we're on a school trip to England! Look forward to School Rumble Sangakki!"...or alternatively, we will make an OVA of what episodes 25 and 26 of that series would be, and you'll never see the rest of it. Wankers).

Conversely, Full Metal Panic! has never claimed they were going to make anything new after The Second Raid but THEY NEED TO, DAMN IT.

Edited by stokeriño

Why do they need to? I feel Second Raid wrapped everything up. At least, from what I remember, they wrapped everything up.

Also, anyone read the manga Axis Power Hetalia? According to wiki, the show starts sometime in late Jan. Worth a view?

The only thing it wrapped up really was the plot involving Gauron (who we'd assumed died in the first season anyway, so didn't technically need to be wrapped up). The entire Sousuke/Kaname romance potential still demands closure (I know, I know - when do we ever get proper romantic closure from anime? But I can dream), not to mention a bunch of other things The Second Raid threw up anew, chief of which being Leonard Testarossa and his Amalgam group.

Sousuke and Kaname had many children, all of which Sosuke tried to train in the special ops but Kaname put a stop to that with a roundhouse kick to the face. Sousuke then went back into the kitchen as Kaname read a book and smoked a pipe in a nice leather chair by the fire.

The end.

Fuck Stoker going offline when I need him!

untitled-2.jpg

Who is that character? Someone tell me now. I need to know to find an AMV which has a song I have been trying to figure out FOR MONTHS.

...also, I am trying to remember an anime....one or two characters were in prison, but got moved to a different prison with super high gravity, and when they broke out it was in the desert?

Haaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Reading the Wiki for that series, it sounds like the best idea ever thought up.

"We'll take... I dunno, an OGRE, but we'll make it into a chick. Yeah, A Chick. Then we'll give some guy MAD SWORDS SKILLZ and he's supposed to kill her... but instead, he'll fall in LOVE with said ogre. Genious. Then we throw in a mech in some capacity and it's all gravy from there. Oh, and a Monkey. A Monkey that likes peaches. Man, I am an idea MACHINE."

Awesome. Pure awesome.

So, Hell Girl.

Holy shit.

Lorina just picked this series up looking around for something new to watch and though I didn't watch all of the first episode with her we just watched the second since, well, you can practically jump in at any point it seems and get the gist of it if you already know the basic story to it.

Anyway, wow. Guess I now have another anime series to follow alongside of Soul Eater and Wallflower, which is nice. Wallflower for comedy, Soul Eater for action/comedy/drama, and then Hell Girl for... well, for freaky shit.

Seriously, while I wouldn't call the anime a psychological thriller on-level with Paranoia Agent by any means (though I AM a bit of a PA fanboy, so... yeah, take that with a grain of salt), I would definitely say that it's freaky as hell if you start getting into it. The stories, the characters they come up with... creepy as fuck. I've only watched two episodes (technically one and a half) thus far and already I'm going to recommend it to those of you who've not seen it. Definitely worth picking up.

Yeah, thanks to you Norro I am watching SE and Wallflower (really enjoying it now :shifty:)....may have to check it out, you have not showed me crap yet.

You can thank Lorina for it to be honest, she's been my anime hook-up for awhile now. I got into Soul Eater because she introduced it to me because a friend of hers recommended it, then her friend had an anime club for awhile that was showing Wallflower episodes (the same club that also started airing Negima, after which we pretty much stopped going because fuck Negima), and now she's found Hell Girl.

I take full credit for Gurren Lagann though, I found that shit first thanks to my best friend's forcing the first few episodes upon me, after which I became obsessed >_>

She's also been trying to force me to watch Fullmetal Alchemist. I mean, I have, I love the story, but I've only watched sporadic episodes, I've never watched the thing the whole way through, start to finish. For some reason this infuriates her.

Edited by The Mask of Norro