The Anime Thread

Ruki

I'm burning a bunch of anime series for a friend who's very behind on her viewing (both Code Geass seasons, the second School Rumble season, NANA, Gurren Lagann, etc.), and...I need to rewatch TTGL. Just randomly viewing the 'final' fight with Lord Genome in episode 15 now. Awesome. :wub:

I'm burning a bunch of anime series for a friend who's very behind on her viewing (both Code Geass seasons, the second School Rumble season, NANA, Gurren Lagann, etc.), and...I need to rewatch TTGL. Just randomly viewing the 'final' fight with Lord Genome in episode 15 now. Awesome. :wub:

I seriously cannot stop watching some of the big-league fights in TTGL, they did such an amazing job with the fighting sequences. So many excellent match-ups throughout the series.

Wiki says:

Synopsis

It is now possible to store memory data, so that the death of your body is not actually "death". As memories are stored in databanks, they can be "transferred" to new bodies. Because so-called "memory trading" now occurs, it is now possible to steal memories and illegally alter them.

Society has fallen apart as authority has become lost and stagnant.

One day, a man awakens in a ruined room. His name is Kaiba. He has no memories, but he does have a pendant with a picture of an unknown woman inside...

In the skies are roiling clouds and electrical storms, impossible to pass without losing one's memories; above them lies the elusive realm of the rich and powerful, who barter others' bodies and memories for their own enjoyment and longevity. Below lies a troubled and dangerous world where good bodies are hard to come by and real money is scarce.

After suddenly being attacked, Kaiba escapes into space, and during his travels meets all sorts of people and regains his memories. Throughout it, he continues to be troubled by the world's problems, as well as his own existence. And what of the woman in the pendant, Neiro?

Poor girl will never get laid.

Also...not sure what people think of cosplaying here but....I need ideas <_< I have a con in May, and I don't want ot re-use my Zidane costume. I was thinking of doing Fayt from Star Ocean, and the place I wanted to make the costume said it would be $1400......half of that being from the leg armor. So....ummm.....any ideas on what I should do?

I lack the build and tough guy attitude :(

Edit: So, taking out the leg armor, it would be $650 instead of $1400 <_< Not sure how it would look though, opinions? And another idea I might have is doing Mugen from Samurai Champloo.

Edited by Ruki the Driller

Do you make your own or have someone else make them?

Someone else, as I would have no idea how to do any of that stuff. Last year, got qqcosplay to do my Zidane costume. Now, I am asking Limebarb.