The Anime Thread

Ruki

Oh no, zombies! Let us flee! But some of us will not flee and will use shotguns and shit!

*BLAM BLAM BLAM*

Haha, we win! Possibly! Although usually by this stage our lives and/or the world are so fucked that what's the point anyway?

^ The zombie genre summarised in 3 lines. <_<

Oh no, zombies! Let us flee! But some of us will not flee and will use shotguns and shit!

*BLAM BLAM BLAM*

Haha, we win! Possibly! Although usually by this stage our lives and/or the world are so fucked that what's the point anyway?

^ The zombie genre summarised in 3 lines. <_<

Hey, there's some good ideas behind the genre, it's just that the ones that get popular are the same crap regurgitated over and over. This is why I like the novel World War Z, at least it shows some new perspective on the whole thing >_>

Highschool of the Dead (manga) is a pretty good zombie genre manga... it's got tons of fan service and some of the character designs are way over the top considering the fact that these are high school students (so it's basically following the design formula of nearly all manga/anime, practically >_> ), but I like the way the story's gone.

Plus, part way through, you get to see an undead Dick Cheney and Condoleeza Rice, and the hint that George Bush commits suicide on Air Force 1 as it is overtaken by the undead, which is... okay, I'm sorry, but the concept is just fucking hilarious.

So where are you up to? I know you've got 2 episodes left to watch, but refresh my memory. I haven't watched R2 since the subs for the last episode came out.

Ninja Scoll is a little like Akira in the sense that Akira was the "this is the film that someone apparently declared it was obligatory to watch should you wish to be introduced to anime, and by someone I can only mean the CEO of Manga Entertainment because honestly they've flooded the entire Western hemisphere with £5 copies of this bloody title yet you can't find 3x3 Eyes for love nor money" of the 1980s, while Ninja Scroll was very much the same for the 1990s.

Please do not infer from my comparison to Akira that Ninja Scroll is a) in any way like it, or b) anywhere near as good, for it is neither of those things.

Edited by stokeriño

Oh, and I finally watched the last episode of Code Geass, and it was very, very much awesome.

Why yes, it was. I kind of figured that (spoilered, even though I think anyone that cares has seen it by now):

The Zero Requiem was some sort of suicide pact or something, but hey. Close enough. I kind of wonder what becomes of Suzaku-Zero though. I mean, no real reason (as far as I can remember) to bust the Zero suit out, is there?

Oh, and I finally watched the last episode of Code Geass, and it was very, very much awesome.

Why yes, it was. I kind of figured that (spoilered, even though I think anyone that cares has seen it by now):

The Zero Requiem was some sort of suicide pact or something, but hey. Close enough. I kind of wonder what becomes of Suzaku-Zero though. I mean, no real reason (as far as I can remember) to bust the Zero suit out, is there?

Well Suzaku could have hardly done it as himself, could he? Mr. "Knight of Zero, Lelouch's Right Hand Man". There would have been a whole lot more distrust as to his motives, unless he revealed it was all a 'sham' to begin with, which would render it all useless in a heartbeat. Zero, the symbol of freedom, was perfect.

I should've been clearer

I mean no real reason to bust it out or anything after killing Lelouch.